Good Morning!

I've always figured every child needs to eat a certain amount of dirt...not too sure about the dung:lol:

Well after quite a bit of time off for me this year I've been at it steady plowing/sanding for nine days straight. Snow and ice wait on no man or holiday so Christmas Eve morning I'm up at 3:30 to do it all over again. Starting to feel a little ragged with being up between 2:30-4:30 every morning for the last week. Usually I manage it fine but with the holiday gatherings it's starting to catch up on me a little.

I do enjoy having something to do. Plowing is pretty cushy winter work. I mean I've worked physically my whole life so sitting on my ass pushing buttons seems pretty gravy.

I remember falling asleep with my plate in my lap at our family christmas dinner one year after plowing for 70+ hours. Wife let me sleep for 3 hours, then woke me up to go back out.

Not a flake of snow here and 40f. You'd be starving if you depended on plowing for a living here this year.

We have about 5 inches on the ground here.

We get anywhere from 5 feet to no snow at all. Not much plowing around here.

Well, I am mister Mom for most of the day. Wife is going to the big town 120 miles west to get an MRI on her hand. Cheap ass had to get it done before the first for insurance.

Freezing fog today, and putting on a dinner tonight. Oh well.

We have Swedish Meatballs for Christmas Eve at our house, then Christmas Day up at the folk's place. Breakfast and presents, then Prime Rib at three or so. We do it every year.

Someday I suppose we will have to go to New Zealand for Christmas, as much as I am not looking forward to it!

Amazing what we have to give to make it Dave. 70 hours is a bunch!

Be careful you guys, 24 hours with out sleep affects your reflexes and decision making the same as a 0.1 BAC.

Already 65, and climbing here. We have had a couple of good rain storms in the last week. Would have been a lot of nasty snow, that I'm glad we didn't get.

Sleeping right now. Young Daniel is still getting up twice a night, but other than that he his great. Jenn must have known better and sent my mother down to help clean and watch the kids. We just about got it clean enough to entertain guests tonight!

how's your wrist?

My wrist is doing ok, it doesn't go numb except for my pinky and index sometimes. Weird I know? I suspect I've just done a lot of cumulative repetitive strain so that the issue isn't just carpal tunnel. No intense saw work seems to agree with it, so I think I'll be sticking with that program.

70hrs is hardcore Dave, I think I'd drive off the road just to make it end at that point.

Its starting to look like things should time up well for me and I'll be able to enjoy the holiday festivities now!

Are you stretching your forearm muscles?

Have you consider an ArmAid?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A8j-UGfXwTE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XFUBjLQZYEc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:coffee2::coffee2:

So after a few years of having several of my closest TV stations work only sometimes, I now figured out when I turn the light on that is near the antenna I lose reception. always thought is was a variance in the weather or the power of the signal, but never figured out a schedule to it...just seemed random.

Now I'm interested in whether it is just the LED that does this, other kinds of bulbs, or the fixture itself. Guess I've got some experimenting to do...

Well good morning everyone. First day back to work from the holiday. New guy already called to ask about a hard hat because apparently he didn't have enough time of to find his (6 days) and it's snowing. The biggest complaint I have though is I got put in a perfect woods, I mean big trees, plenty of room, red oak and cherry with a couple Hickory, but instead of having fun and making rate I have to teach a new skidder driver and watch my back all day. I'll try to check in later today and update on the progress.

Good luck & stay safe out there Nic! I'd think there would be a different rate when training...particularly since you depend on the skidder for it.

Just hanging out & working with the pup so far today. Funny how I start questioning my training methods and thinking we're not making progress and then all at once he gets it and performs as taught pretty consistently. I'm thinking he is doing fine and I need to work on patience a bit :|:

Ya, seems like there should be compensation for the boss not being able to supply adequate team members. Also, seems like if you have to sit around waiting for the boss, as you did in the past, you should be getting an hourly wage.

You won't get what you don't ask for.

Back