Good Morning!

I couldn't believe the drummers parents let him keep/play his drums in the living room. His father was a watchmaker, but at one time was a drummer in his own big band orchestra way back (he had older parents) when. They let us play anytime we wanted and would feed us supper when it came time. Very cool parents! My parents wouldn't let us do that!

Well I'm in the north. Saw has been ready to go since 630. And now it's 750 and there's still no boss to show/mark trees. Nothing like wasting my time

Cut and skid till dark thirty yesterday, hopefully I finish this woods today or tomorrow. Trees are cutting pretty nice though, hard maple with hearts the size of pencil erasers and snow white. I'm sure the boss will find something extra though since 120 trees is never 120 trees

Butch, My parents were very supportive of my music...but that practicing thing can get old.

The summer I started learning banjo I began practicing on the couch in the living room or my bedroom...after a couple weeks my Mom, being very apologetic, asked me to go outside with it.

I moved to the front porch for a week or so, until Mom told me she felt terrible about it but she just couldn't stand it any more, as she spent most of her time in the kitchen with the door open to the porch where I spent hours repeating the same thing over and over, and asked me to move further from the house. Never saw her look so ashamed, while apologizing, when asking/telling me to do something.:lol:

I ended up sitting on the big horizontal limb of the old Box Elder in the back field. Spent a few Summers sitting in that old tree picking songs. The tree has fallen down now, and I ground the stump out a couple years ago...

My folks did the same, drums In a basment ;)
Good story Dave.

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trees produce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care!

Well I'm in the north. Saw has been ready to go since 630. And now it's 750 and there's still no boss to show/mark trees. Nothing like wasting my time

free money!!! bring a book. get paid to read. that is not free time. i get to jobs late frequently. guys get paid from when i tell them to arrive, whether I'm 5 or 50 minutes late. New guys always have rope work to practice.

Yea I wish I got paid when my saws aren't running. Sadly logging here don't work that way. It's all about footage and unless it's adding up in not making money. As for the new guy he seems to be good enough to carry my has and oil. Can't skid, can't cut, won't buck logs, and if he gets on his phone today he might not leave the woods. Atleast I have the truck driver to run the skidder for pulling bad leaners over the wires.should be done today though, boss only added 40 trees

:coffee2::coffee2:

Call this morning: I can pick up the dog (Otis) from the shelter at 3 this afternoon. looking forward to have to having some company here again...I pretty near live like a hermit this time of year.

Y'all have a safe day out there!

Back