Good Morning!

Cool front came through last night...60f this morning and a gentle breeze, sunny...couldn't be nicer!

Having coffee on the porch and petting the dogs. Enjoying the day before I have to deal with going into the City to pick up some brushes for a roof coating job I have to do Monday. Not looking forward to that job but helping an old friend out...

yes it is, first day in many it has been under 70 when I woke up and the humidity has gone away finally for a day.

We could use some rain here for the crop growers.

Coolvest weather.I think I've turned a friend on to a Coolvest. He's a big, beefy guy, working in the sun.

90s here for two days. Cooler a bit, but still unseasonably warm.

Consultation, employee interview, felling some trees today at the preschool job. Got to get a self-loader in sometime, and get some bucks out of that project.

Looking for a new place to live/ run business from, right nearby. One iron in the fire with great advertising potential for my preferred, local market.

I'll start advertising for a place today if it doesn't pan out.

Finished up a solo removal job yesterday. Going to look for a groundwork/ climber. Turning away work. Maybe lined up a good sized job. Good ACCESS for my machines. I need a smaller chipper... Like 6' wide. Take the chipper to the brush.

We are in the 95 to 100f for highs yesterday, today, and the next couple of days. That's right, no igloo living here!

I'm going floating in a river today.

wind felt like it was coming from the furnace yesterday, then cool front came through. much nicer now but muggy foggy...

Heading out for 100 mile drive to coat a trailer roof for an older friend. My good deed for the week. Haven't seen it but am ready to spend most of the day prepping as the rest of the place is in pretty bad shape I figure the roof is the same...I know it is leaking now... Not looking forward to wire brushing a bunch of rust...it is currently covered in pine needles.:|:

fun, Fun, Fun!

Getting ready to head out to play music today. First playing Bass for a couple sets at a yearly chili cook-off we do for charity...then off to jam on fiddle at a party for the rest of the day & evening. 8)

Headed off to do a little charity tree work at the other Cooperative preschool, where dalia is in summer camp. Last week a third of a good sized maple split off into the parking lot at an inclusion.

Check out any single moms at their School work party. No ring on the teacher's hand.

Slept in after a great family reunion yesterday. 6 of my Dads' 7 living siblings (of ten) were there. So glad I got to see them all.

My uncle Pat (in his 90s) rode his motorcycle up to MI from W. VA...he still rides every day...His son bought him a fully restored Model A pick-up (his first vehicle) which they keep for him in MI and he drives it when he is up here...so cool riding the back roads in it with him and listening to stories about the old days.

Saw several of my favorite Cousins and old friends of the family as well. Had a great day.

You bet! We have never had a Conrad Family reunion. Even though there were five children in my Grandfather's family. Just dont get along.

My dream is to sit at the head of my own table with my children and their children over Christmas dinner. Just like you see in the movies. Probably end up like a National Lampoon movie, but a guy can dream.

Glad you had a good time Dave!

Beautiful morning here. Left the weekend camping a day early since everyone was hot and crabby. Felt good to sleep in my bed though. Been up since five am unloading and cleaning out the vehicle. Since the wife and kids are still asleep I think I'll throw a line up and try to get used to the haas a bit more so I don't look like a fool tomorrow at work.

Going to climb two good sized firs, strip, and flop. Luckily, I have preset lines in both, near the top. I need some longer throw lines. Looks like TS sells by the foot. Most places advertise 180 (too short) or 1000'.

4am and it's off to the hospital with my sister...got a feeling it's going to be a rather long day.

Back