Good Morning!

I need to remember to focus on the top of the 'window', not the branch I want to be over. Visualization helps, I think. Visualize it just clearing under the branch above my target crotch. Generally, things go pretty well. Efficiency helps. First shot would be great.

Raining. Have some equipment to move around and will take crew out to breakfast...should be cleared out by the time we reach the job site...I hope.

Rainy rain. Hope it diminishes by work time at lunch. Preschool parent help today, and costume/ PJs day. Fun! Then work in the rain. Yay!

Checked my Voicemail. Funny how a cottonwood branch landing on the neighbor's house motivated a cottonwood removal, bid 5 years ago. Go Wind!

No crew today...removing big wood from yesterdays take-down, and some clean-up. looking forward to an easy 1/2 day.

Out the door now for a clearance prune of a holly and a Japanese maple back from edge of a roof before the rains get here, easy morning for one, then back to the (seemingly) endless paperwork from parents' estates/trusts.

Finishing up a 3 day project today. Same as Fiddler everything is down just hauling wood and final clean-up. Should be easy peasy.

Job that was scheduled for today got put back 'til next week.:|: That's OK; I can use another easy, restful type day.

Clearing out some dead sumac and trimming off water-sprouts I can reach with the ground saw from the Box Elders & White Mulberries around home today, then sorting through wood piles with the mini.

Had no idea I had this much hardwood still at my place. Might deliver a few loads to the more wood-needy this afternoon.

If your quick enough you might work in between the drops Justin

Slept in...Raining now, turning to wind gusts up to 45mph and snow later in the day. Already planned to take today off...My garage needs some serious organizing.

M and I have been making sawdust and firewood this week...got 4 cords of rarely available to us maple cut, split, loaded, hauled, and stacked in the sheds so far. My right elbow hurts some :). Another few loads to go, maybe another couple of cords.

Should be on the fuel schedule about 2018 or '19 :). We are firewood gluttons :D.

I do believe there is a limit on how many decibels that can be emitted after certain hours indoors in the form of little girl squeaks and screams. I seem to remember a regulation somewhere :/:

Top of the mornin' everyone.

Bank visit first thing this am, then off to try and finish up a job. One more Black Oak to remove from over some fence and a bank parking lot and some final clean-up.

Put cones out Sat. and talked to bank Manager...we'll see how that worked...

warm front and clear skies for today...it will be nice to make it through the day being dry for once.

have a safe day all!

Long but productive day yesterday. made it home about 8:30. knocked out 15 stumps, closed 4 jobs, came home with $175 tip on a 2k project and checks from two others.

Glad I pushed and got as much done as I did...roads are parking lots this am and snowing pretty steady...crashes everywhere. been raining for the lst few day and froze last night. About 1 1/2 inches so far, and we're looking at Lake Effect every day for the next week or so.

I was supposed to grind a stump and bid a couple trees out by the big Lake today, but think I'll pass 'til they get the roads cleared. Around 20 or so slide-offs between here and the jobs.

Still have a few more jobs to get crossed off the list but they'll have to wait for better weather. :/:

Gonna bid two nearby jobs, neighbors who work together as school bus drivers. I've worked at the school Bus Barn before, and seen in action. Plus I know that a former driver (my neighbor) and the drivers' boss (other neighbor through the woods). A personal connection never hurts.

Back