Good Morning!

That it would Jay, but we won't be leaving the Continent, I'm pretty sure. Money is just not there in our brand of music to profit from playing overseas. Far as I know we will play mostly Midwest and some KY,VA, NC areas.

thanks guys.

Haven't got confirmation on the jam yet, but I really hope it happens too.

On the flipside....I'm now hired as the Bass player for Mike Lilly (awesome performer who played banjo and sang for Country Gentlemen & Larry Sparks among others)! They are still auditioning mandolin player/Tenor singers to round out the group so it might be a while before we start performing, but this is the biggest thing I've done in music yet...waited years for something like this, pretty much gave up that it would ever happen, and I'm absolutely thrilled!

That is very exciting! Congratulations!

Jay, not really. I know most of the material already. Anything new I'll have down by the end of the first time through the song.

The majority of our bookings will be music festivals. I've had conversations with Mike (the boss) before where we had both mentioned the fact that we had played in bars and clubs more than we wanted to over the years. The average audience size is 1-5 hundred. It can range from a small scattering of folks on a day with crappy weather up to around 1k or so.

Will normally play two shows during one day at a 2-5 day festival; One set in the afternoon and another at night. Typically a show will run through a band per hour from noon - 5, have a dinner break and go through the rotation again in the evening.

During winter There are some indoor festivals to do and concerts in theatres etc.

Repairs/maintenance today. Chipper blades getting sharpened, mini getting new alternator, pickup getting new fuel pump, Fuel filter going in chip truck. Then off to ship back wrong sized stumper teeth (correct ones should arrive today).

Got to hand it to New River Equipment...I emailed them when I discovered I had ordered the wrong size teeth, but order had already shipped...they sent out the correct size right away and just asked me to ship back the other ones in a reasonable time frame. Glad they are a good place to deal with as this is the only place I know of to get teeth for the wheel on my 38 Special.

Had to make the trip home to go to bank this morning, then back up for a couple more days of stumping. Should have 500 ('bout halfway) done sometime Sat.

Back to climbing next week.

Congrats on the new gig Dave. Daughter has ben in Nashville lately, though she's heading home tomorrow for a visit, and will do an live online concert on Sunday. The music business is not making many rich... We as a society love our music but typically pay musicians less than the value we get from their efforts...

Chillin'. Coffee, TH, morning cleaning, and errands, then afternoon pick-up and several days with D. Probably some tiny bike riding attempts, if she's tall enough. We have a 3 wheel Razor scooter... no height minimum to ride that ride.

Ever seen a "Strider?" Saw a young one on one of those a year ago when bidding a job and thought, "that's it." It looks like a small bike but has no pedals. Kid sits on it and motates along by moving his feet and legs. That will be fun for about a minute and you know at some point a kid is going to get themselves going and just lift up their legs and coast - balance, instant paradigm shift.

I would skip a purchase and just buy a bike that I could remove the pedal cassette until after "balance" happens. (Has to be a short enough bike that kid can sit on seat and reach ground comfortably.)

Home...putting things away, doing laundry, getting ready to go back to tree work for a few days. Hope I have more of a handle on my schedule by |:rrow.

:coffee2: Breakfast, then off to the sharpening shop to exchange teeth.

Rest of the day includes 302 miles of driving :|:. Several trees to look at, pick up chipper & bring to tomorrows job, then finally back home. Not looking forward to all the road time but saved these jobs up for a "road day" to get them all out of the way at once.

Have a safe day all!

Morning oatmeal and a paw paw, coffee sure hits the spot... then paperwork.
It amazes me how much has to be done over many months when two folks die.

Tomorrow a day with the granddaughter, then a tulip takedown on Wednesday.
Heading to Michigan this coming weekend; meet with gas company and adjoining homeowner association to see if we can get an easement to bring natural gas onto our property.
Also plan to catch up with Kevin B and some RopeRunner alteration and design work.

I am supposed to start a dead wood job (Hazards) on a property today. Unfortunately, I am a tad pleased with the progress I made on the front deck yesterday so I am more in the mood to do that than climb tall pines.
Got the hardest part done yesterday squaring corners and the sides. Makes for easy work now that I can place posts and frame.

Back