Good Morning!

cold & rain...day off...hmm...saw maint, 2nd breakfast, or nap first....I've just made a Nap decision! :sleep:

Nice! I'm off of production today myself. A few quotes later this morning(only quarter to 7 here) and then most of the afternoon to myself!

Wow, slept in 'till 11am...must have needed it. Body still feels exhausted so might hang out and do a little maint. and some chores.

Dropped my favorite 200t about 40' yesterday (chain caught in snap cut) and cracked the gas tank, so might take that to the shop & have it looked over. I usually remove the saw before i send a piece down but a wind gust rocked things good enough to snap the piece loose and it had to go saw stuck or not.:cry:

When you drop a saw, you gotta yell "Fall Right!!!" as loud and as fast as you can, 'til the saw lands. It will always land unharmed if you do that.

Really.

:coffee2: Back on schedule this a.m.

Easy day ahead;Stop by Vermeer again, Meet with customer about helping them spend the rest of their tree budget, pick up logs from another job down the street to drop at a buddies for firewood, then drop a couple small broken tops and the leads they came off from, then drop off some Stumper teeth to be sharpened.

Slept over 12 hours yesterday afternoon & last night...woke up late this am.

Nick called and he overslept...will be here in an hour or two - works for me.

Seems we need a bit of recovery so planning on a shorter/easier day than usual. Drop a Cherry & small Pine, clean up & dump, and call it. Maybe do some maintenance, and move chip & wood piles around here.

Quiet morning so far. Hoping to get mini back today and bring grapple home & chipper from job site.

Mostly just a run-around day...bank, engine shop, pick up supplies for next weeks job up North, fuel up everything.

:coffee2:

Beautiful Michigan-Grey morning. hanging w/dog & coffee pot.

Trying to decide what to do until nap time:lol:

told wishy washy customer to take a leap...raining pretty heavy...Heading up to pick up my camper this morning. then looking at a week filled with rehearsals and a couple shows. Will work a bit Friday.

W;ere gettin it here too Squish...sucks is the operative word.

Supposed to meet up w/some pals from around the State and jam tonight maybe. It will be a great time if we pull it off.

Got messaged from an old band-mate this am. Gave me the number of one of my long time heroes in music...guy wants me to call him about playing for him.8) Not sure if it's a one time thing or regular band position (ha, who cares!)...will find out later this morning when I make the call. Pretty excited to see what he has to say.

More coffee...
Have a damn leaning black oak to kill.. Lost a leader over a couple cabins at the KOA. Should keep my nerves on edge.
Hope that jam happens for you Dave. Sounds a blast man.

thanks guys.

Haven't got confirmation on the jam yet, but I really hope it happens too.

On the flipside....I'm now hired as the Bass player for Mike Lilly (awesome performer who played banjo and sang for Country Gentlemen & Larry Sparks among others)! They are still auditioning mandolin player/Tenor singers to round out the group so it might be a while before we start performing, but this is the biggest thing I've done in music yet...waited years for something like this, pretty much gave up that it would ever happen, and I'm absolutely thrilled!

Back