Good Morning!

Rent free and you don't own it, that is sweet. Somehow you have to make your neighborhood attract the Chinese, then at some point it will become trendy, and the yuppies will move in which will raise the rents and cost of living there, so the undesirable neighbors will be forced to move out. It worked like that in a lot of places. The key is the Chinese. Get one or two in and soon their relatives will be there as well. Real estate agents will start checking the place out after that.

Wow Butch, nice of your old landord. No mortgage is a wonderful thing.

Taking it easy today...I'm off to grind a few stumps.:|:

Sounds good Dave!

Insurance adjuster is coming out today to adjust the spring wheat that we need to re seed, about a week late of course. Got the windows adjusted in dad's shop that we replaced because of hail.

Looks like we are going to have an active fire season, time to start practicing face cuts!

yeah, a music day!

After a some long days in the trees (I'm still dragging A**) it will be nice to play a gig this afternoon. just have to dress, then heading out. "bout an hour drive and will play a couple sets at a fund raiser. should be several bands there and I'm hoping to make a full day of it playing.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Had a good time playing but the crowd was way small. only two people who belong to the assn. we were raising money for showed up!?

I'm up way late this morning and need to hit the bank then drive 1 1/2 hours to do in a tree I haven't seen. Supposed to be about a two hour job....we'll see. hope it's not much more than that, I'm not feeling too energetic today. Need to get this and one other job done to take off for my vacation. Had planned on being gone a couple days ago already. :cry:

Washed my phone, dried it on a boot dryer. It still works but not well, ordered a new one. Damn, 9:30 and coffee just got perked...got to get going. :|:

Maybe coffee would help the phone wake up and work better than a bath. Some find a cold shower invigorating, but I'd still go the joe-route

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

:lol: the Coffee is barely getting me going here lately, I don't think I'll share any with the phone...

Doncha hate days when the coffee is broken?

Dahlia has a stomach bug, just after getting over a head cold with scratchy throat a few days ago. Yay, toddler diarrhea! Thankfully, somehow Dahlia got out of bed before leaking at 330a. Another this morning, but says she's "happy" in between episodes of puking or diarrhea. Life with a kid, right? Otherwise, she is happy and growing, developing all the time. No she tells adults to go away when she wants to do something solo, like peepee in the big potty, sometimes, or when she wants to do things she shouldn't, like rummage through coat pockets or escape from the house.

I get to use the Boxer tomorrow, and have several medium jobs lined up for the grapple, and one for the bucket. Going to pick up the bucket in town from the shipping company. It didn't fit on the truck from Top Notch, but here in time for when I need it. I was definitely ready to do some bonfire area larger and more level, and ready to bring down some gravel.

I'm starting to network for subbing out the Boxer and operator. trying to figure pricing.

Home from vacation. Ended up buying the camper I stayed in and will go pick it up in the next week or so. I stayed so busy working, stting in on jams, and visiting with old friends, I never unpacked my camera to take any pics.

Honey Locust and a dead Ash scheduled for removal. Storms rolling in. Waiting to see if they pass through or continue to build up. Might start work later this am depending. For now it's coffee & the radar channel.

Mornin ya'll!
Coffee and weather channel have been my mourning for the past week! I have three ash and a cherry today to wrap up a clearing gig but that may get bumped for some pruning.

Oh Hades, yes. I got more time than money. Going to drive 1000 miles vs 3 round trip flights... to watch'em put my uncle and aunt in the family plot in Eastern Wa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trying to get caught up with work. Erik was out yesterday with a sore side. Did some exciting, ya right, laurel hedge work yesterday. Going to trade my existing customer the laurel work for a utility trailer which will carry my Ogre (Boxer) for now. Only 4x8x plus a triangle tongue, with a steel framework and wooden sides, and hinged back door, 6 lug axle. I'll Ogre the brush into my other trailer that is onsite, and take the new one for a bit of welding work to make the rear, high crossbar removable, and fix a fender. A stop-gap measure that will turn into a firewood trailer. I'll have to dump wood in there with the Ogre and figure out what amount fits.

My advertising wood trailer sits down by the highway with a 4x8' professionally made sign. I think some high schoolers grabbed some wood for a graduation bonfire, no big deal, but I think it happened again. I guess its time for a metal grate on top of the firewood or something. A small cost to pay for technically illegally parking the trailer overnight, frequently.

I don't really want to sell the wood that much. $80 for a dry face-cord roughly. If someone wants a bit, they can have a bit for storms, ambience, and the like. Its the advertising. Wood keeps the sign from tipping the trailer.

decent price for advertisement :)

I can't imagine advertising...busier than I want and running 2 guys on the ground now. Just glad I'm done with Pines for a while. Mini has been a life saver the last couple weeks.

Stumps today after I change out teeth on the 38 Special, clean out & dump trucks & trailer, and visit bank, take pick-up in for tune-up & to have new hitch installed. Raining too hard and too beat to get it done last night.

Stump day again :|: only 5-6 to do and home early for once if things go well.

Storms hit pretty good South of here but not close enough to expect any work from. Waiting to hear on a bid we put in for a job that will take three weeks or so. If we get it I'll just stay near the job in the camper for the duration. I'd end up staying at the same park I was just at for my vacation :lol:

Had two pecans to do this am drove the hr.+ to find the gate locked and no answer from H.O.:X good day for a bike ride on the old ironhead now that its done.

Back