Good Morning!

Grinding a few stumps today. One small pine to drop. Will probably spend more time loading/unloading than actually working.

Done burning here. We have fires raging down south.. I tried burning with water on site, so small stuff, winds cam up and I shut it right down... Too much risk.. You guys are lucky that are green enough to burn most the year...
I can't get enough coffee this morning.

I burned a green Weeping Willow Saturday. There was a fairly good pile of dry brush and blocks from previous shed. We piled the brush on top and rolled the rounds to the downwind side. I went back the next day and piled them up again. Burned pretty much all but a few partial chunks. He wants a couple Blue Spruce that are dying and a Maple removed at my convenience. Good deal for both of us. Should be able to get the last Willow to burn in that fire.

Took dog out to read his morning newspaper & edit a few articles. sucking down coffee and heading out for breakfast, then on to day three of my job up north, which is getting bigger and going to take a couple more days it looks like.

Up late...picked music up at my uncles get-together last night. Good to see all the old friends there. Mowing lawn is the projecto for the day.

I hate moving!!! Hate it! I should move, however... the neighborhood's gone to shit.

I can relate Butch, moved 4 times in 2 1/2 yrs for work. Now that I'm back home I'm staying I think...just hate that I live on an industrial drive now instead of surrounded by woods & farms. Only plus is Vermeer is within walking distance and this place is paid for (moved here in May of '68).

Looking forward to some cool pics Squish.

Taking today off...so stuffed up my balance is off so re-scheduled today's climbing job to next Mon.

It's my house to live in until I die or move. My landlord died a couple years ago and willed it to me like that. When I die/move, it goes to his college. I've just gotta keep the taxes paid. It's a shitty hood, but having no mortgage is a awesome thing. I only paid $200 a month, anyway. Now I pay nada. Besides, when you calculate what I've already paid, I've already bought this house.

Back