Good Morning!

My wife is calving out 100 head right now. Does the tubing thing on a regular basis. I don't like calving, although when things go right it can be very rewarding. When things go wrong you have to have the stomach for the life/death thing with either the mother or more often the helpless baby. Not for me. Trees are much more user friendly.

Have Two Walnut to take down this am; one to top and one to just drop, then on to next job.

This job got cut in half after we discovered where the property line is. :|: Sure am glad I decided to drop & buck up what I had already topped first before dropping any other trees.HO was only off of on where actual property line is by 97'. :O

All but two of what we took down were leaning toward/over service line so used GRCS to pull them away. Sure was glad I had it.

My wife is calving out 100 head right now. Does the tubing thing on a regular basis. I don't like calving, although when things go right it can be very rewarding. When things go wrong you have to have the stomach for the life/death thing with either the mother or more often the helpless baby. Not for me. Trees are much more user friendly.

Part of the reason I'm into treating trees, not people.

I wouldn't want to be Dr. Kevorkian.

Morning off today. Hopefully it turns out to be the whole day. I'm having a Monday this am and critching around like an oldster.

I didn't think I'd hear you complaining about rain this year, Stephen.;)

Hope everyone has a great day!

I'm off to trudge through the snow & knock down some Walnuts again. Think we have about 5 to go yet and then bucking, etc. the rest of the day.

Have one pull to do with GRCS, hoping we can carry it back with the Skid-steer this time...

:coffee2: Day off to get things in order for going North. Boss & I are supposed to head out tomorrow to clear a road & landing. Need to hit the bank, pharmacy, drop off dog, etc.

Crappy day to be driving around much.

Gonna be a professional mess maker. When the custy asked for put on ground only pricing, after giving him a fair bid, I was concerned it was too much for POGO. One nasty hollow 2nd, remaining, trunk of maple. Just have to steer it a little to keep it way from trees that could be pushed on to the powerlines, oh and its covered in ivy 5' wide, so an extra pull or retaining line will be tough.

Let Erik dump two green live cedars for shop construction and so we don't have to crane out the maple. An easy canopy raise, a couple fruit trees, then to scope a big job, do another small pruning job POGO, then to Madsen's Saw and Supply. Gonna stock up and buy Erik a pair of boots.

Glad I dont live close to Madsen's. I would have even less money if I could stop by.

Going shopping today for some hydraulic cylinders. One of the grapple cylinders on my small tractor is shot. Called up John Deere and priced a new one. Get this, 2.5 inch bore by 12 inch stroke equals 650 dollars! If they fit correctly, Northern Hydraulics sells the same type of cylinder for 109 dollars each. Parts are getting outrageous.

We haven't pulled it yet. This place comes to a screeching halt without the loader. Used 7 days a week. There's a shop we can use, just have to coordinate the repair.

Back