Good Morning!

I was dealing with an issue of bladder cancer in my family recently. The person doesn't smoke, generally a clean liver with a somewhat tendency to overeat. Smoking they say is one major cause. It really got to me, the misery of it, not just the disease, but how so much of the diagnosis and possible treatment has to go up through your wanger if a male. People lose their bladders then most have to pee into a bag for the rest of their lives, and often lots of hassle associated with that, like leaks and irritation. Just going by a machine and seeing where someone is buying tobacco, it kind of bothers me now, feel like saying something. Sorry to go off on a tangent about it....

I remember a friend buying a pack from one when I was thirteen years old. One unfiltered Camel at that age was enough to put me off of cigarettes for life.

I'm such a stubborn sob my buddy's brother caught us smoking as young kids and in the heat of him threatening to rat us out I swore I'd never have another cigarette. Never have.

Moving a bit slow this am. Finally left the jobsite at 9pm last night.

Had very small crew yesterday so I skidded out what I dropped myself. Boss ran bobcat on landing while third guy either bucked on landing or helped with chokers.

-13f right now. not looking forward to going back in...

Went out to start truck and it wouldn't go...plugged block heater in in dark last night and evidently missed on the plug...only one tab of male into female. :|:

We were going to start later today anyway so all is good. I'm just a bit late getting to breakfast.

Easing into the day. Fell asleep by the woodstove in the low recliner watching nat geo on Netflix. Slept enough by 5 am. Worn a bit from hard work yesterday and not being used to it. Getting the endurance back up. Gonna knock out the rest of this maple today. Going to eat some more and have more Coffee!

Oh, and I hear that water is good, too.

Have a good, safe one, y'all.

:coffee2: ahhh... nice warm 20f this am. (not the coffee ;) )

Out to breakfast then meeting Boss to look at a few Walnuts close to home we may do before we head out of town for a larger job.

Just finished Breakfast or lunch, depends on how you want to look at it. Got to sleep at six this morning, had a set of twins last night and it was 15 below and a nasty east wind blowing. Cooked the calves for three hours and gave them a bottle each, one needed to be tubed. Both are doing good this afternoon.

Finally had enough coffee... a couple donuts.... Took the kiddos to church for their singing thing......
Have some chili cooking down and chillin..
Been raining for days here now.. Only thing I need to do outside today now is bring in more wood.

Back