Good Morning!

No, it's dangerous walking wet, rainy roads with traffic whizzing bayou. Luckily, the weather made for minimal mallgoers.

Having coffee playing on the net. Had cable hooked back up in my house so I'm not "stealing" from the neighbor (my sister).

Sure is nice to type where it is warm. Before I had to keep my laptop in the back room, which is unheated, to get any kind of a wireless signal.

Taking a Banjo lesson over Skype this afternoon. So will have to spend a couple hours warming up the fingers.

Our morning started out with a bang...
5 am tree removal out of the bumper of Katy's car and the road we live on..
We got there first and had the road cleared before CHP showed up. Officer was impressed by the comm units anyway..
Headline will read, "Local Tree Service Beats First Responders by 45 Minutes" :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_20140209_052748.jpg
    IMG_20140209_052748.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20140209_052756.jpg
    IMG_20140209_052756.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20140209_052814.jpg
    IMG_20140209_052814.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 70
2 year dead pine that the county never dropped. Roots rotted and down she went across the road. Katy hit it on her way to work. Mostly cosmetic. But I think something got bent on the drivers front. Wheel rubs when you brake or turn sharp.

Day off today. :coffee2:

Heading out to breakfast, then taking the f450 to garage for a couple things. Drives and mailboxes are all nearly plowed shut again so will spend some time on the mini today too.

Looks like we may expanding to a second skidder and I was asked if I was interested in operating it. I replied that I'd just as soon learn all the aspects of the job and be able to do whatever needed done. I think knowing the aspects of the other guys job can help a lot with doing mine better, whatever it might be.

Another cold one here. Getting ready to head out to s friends and practice for my CDL test again driving a big rig around. Much respect to those guys, those van trailers are freaking huge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been monkeying with the log skidder. It doesn't like the cold, so I installed a block heater. The piping that was there wasn't ideal, so I'm trying to figure out the coolant flow so I can reroute it.

Had it running this morning. Going to try and get in the woods soon but I've got to get my chainsaws sorted out next.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZebvIDr27To" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yo...hanging around the house and shop today. Gonna finish a three tree removals job. Craning out medium ash. Way too easy of access, proximity to the crane shop, and hanging over buildings not to crane it. Going to get some ash logs. my miller neighbor says its the poor man's oak. He'll bring a one ton and get the butt log loaded, the others in the 10" range can be hand loaded. I'll have a light trailer for anything else big to be loaded. Should be good.

Up and loaded two trucks, Kat made breakfast.. Dropped off the mini and trailer on one job site, and then errands and then an ugly quick dangerous as all get out TD. Headed out of town and stopped for a nice lunch with my girls. Got rental to rental car place and they weren't ready. Looked at a rental complex... got fuel where it is .30 per gallon cheaper... Back to rental car... Sent my girls off.... Back to bank.. Then back to where I dropped off mini and trailer..... Inspected a 150 foot pondo and some burn piles... did an estimate in my head... Stopped at the store. Came home, started dinner, returned phone calls, switched over the propane tanks.... Checked on the baby goats with Kat.. More phone calls during cooking... Confirm two jobs tomorrow... Feed kids... Bed time for them now.. Check on the house ... Clean out refridgerator
Do dishes and more laundry.... Almost bed time for daddy
Good morning Pilgrims

Checked truck and block heater is working fine. Truck already had one, just needed the wiring hooked up so the fix was cheaper than expected. Had the oil changed while it was in the garage. Figure the weather should warm up now that I can plug the truck in...You all can thank me later.:lol:

Boss got a call to look at 100 acres next to the job we just finished so no equipment got moved yesterday and will get a late start today 'cause we don't know where we're working 'til he talks to the guy this morning. Fine with me; i'm all about breakfast with the local farmers in town and a couple hours pickin' the banjer.

Broke down and ordered a new saddle from TreeStuff (Ergovation Pro). Never used anything but a basic floating D before and was always comfortable when climbing every day, but thought some padding would be nice when only doing it once in a while now. Also wanted the Med size for easier fit over winter clothes. Should show up Monday.

Back