Good Morning!

putting off the new shop for a bit ? my one i have now is a little under 1200 feet and a wood stove warms it pretty good

I can't decide what I want to do Brian. Should I build a totally new building......or add on to this one? If I build a new building, I can use this one for storage. And this building is so small, than any way I think about adding on makes for a odd entrance from this one to the new part. If a new building is what I decide, we will wait till nice dry weather and pour a footer.....

Here in New York taxes are quite a bit less on a pole barn. Our taxes are outlandish enough so it makes a difference. You build yourself? What do you go down for a footer in Tennessee. about 2 feet?

I spent about 30 years building......that part is a breeze.....making my mind up is a whole different story. :lol:

Here in this county, taxes are insanely cheap. I pay 400.00 a year or so on 3.5 acres, several out buildings, and a 2000 sq ft house.

A footer here is a simple matter of going in the ground deep enough to hold the cement. We never get prolonged cold that could heave a footer...

My digs... Kind of a mess that day, I usually keep it reasonably clean with more open space.....not stuff laying all over the machinery.

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • shop interior.jpg
    shop interior.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 54
Thanks, you can see that I put white paper over the windows to discourage my own idle gazing outside. :lol: Actually, i don't know why they look white, but I did read about some old timey woodwork shops where they hung burlap over the windows to keep the employees more productive. Apparently not uncommon in Great Britain once upon a time.

I can't decide what I want to do Brian. Should I build a totally new building......or add on to this one? If I build a new building, I can use this one for storage. And this building is so small, than any way I think about adding on makes for a odd entrance from this one to the new part. If a new building is what I decide, we will wait till nice dry weather and pour a footer.....

I'm in the same boat ,too many ways to do something ,i have outgrown my shop ,need/want larger ,but it's there and really full of crap ,i really want a covered spot for milling ,i could add on a roof easily there ,but need deeper ,i may just extend the front and move the garage doors from front to the side ,that would be most cheapest ,but i really want a cedar pole building framed in logs ,make a mancave hangout / shop all in one

Day off today with 7-9" more snow coming and boss getting a dozer to clear skid trails. Long skids over icy hills and 3' of snow has been killing our production the last couple days.

Ha, yeah I've had enough vacation already this winter. I'd rather either work the whole season or take it all off. Every time we start up again it's like trying to get back into shape.

ah well, got 1 1/2 drives shoveled out this am...only a couple more and two mailboxes to go.:|:

:coffee2: Heading into town for breakfast. Boss called and said to wait a bit before heading out as we may be going to a different jobsite. Guess he's had it with the land owners trying to change things after the contract was signed/calling in other buyers/and being a nuisance in general on a job we are having enough difficulty making production on as it is.

He wants me to try running skidder on the next job. Guess I'm not doing well enough cutting. Not looking forward to freezing running a machine around but it's work I guess.

Kids just brought a dog home from up the street..... Yeahhhhhhh... I need coffee......
Good... Katy is taking the dog home... Yeahhhhhhhhhh dog gone....
Still need coffee...
My morning sex was interrupted by a dog uo the street... boooooooo
I need more coffee...

Unfortunately, a dog following the kids home is a concern since we have lives stock and other animals that could take offence. Have to keep a tight hand on that.

Back