Good Morning!

The bladders in the newer tanks fail all the time Al. They just don't last like the older stuff that would rust out first..
Off to pick up the boys from camp here shortly. They had a pot luck last night and I made some potato salad. They ate abpout a gallon of it so I have about 1 gallon left. I know what I will be having for dinner :D

Off to the cemetery for another removal this am. then banking & bidding for the afternoon. Much nicer temps for working in this morning.

Isaac turned out to be a bit of a dud for Florida. Our idiotic Governor has declared a state of emergency for the entire state and many schools are closed today while the storm continues to move away from us out into the Gulf. The official forecasts are horrible but it looks like just some light rain for most of us.

isaegul.gif

:coffee2: Getting ready to head out. Moving equipment and delivering some logs w/boss today, then taking skid-steer to move snow so mill can pick up some logs.

I'd have liked to done this on a day they were working at the mill and see how they do stuff but maybe another time...

This thread needs bumped more often.

It's beautiful outside. Time for a nice breakfast, then maybe an early jaunt through the hood. It's amazing how I barely see anyone out and about, even on the weekend. Everyone's inside all the time.

I notice how everyone seems to stay in their house when I go to my sisters house in Utica. Nice neighborhood, friendly people {very friendly) and even in nice weather people just seem to be inside. Years ago it didn't seem people hid indoors. Computers and games are probably a couple culprits.

Heck ya. Kids belong outside. Maybe being more out of town it seems I'm always seeing people out and about. Lots of walkers around here. People will drive out from town just to walk around the roads out here. For the views I guess?

I seldom see kids outside anymore, except going to and returning from school. Same on the weekends except for little league, and they are out there in a blizzard. I'd have gone nuts inside all the time when young, and i don't think mom would have much liked it either.

All they want to do all day is computers or TV now days. Their Mom and I are pretty strict about how much computer time they get as well as TV time. They got a metal detector and BB guns for their Christmas and Birthdays....

They say here that children grow up lacking in social skills because of not socializing outside. I don't think I grew up so socially affable, but outside did teach me which big guys it was best to try and avoid. :/:

A gallon of gas and a book of matches and they are set. JK. I had a blowgun on top of a BB gun and we use to hunt squirrels in the 150 wooded acre cemetery behind my parents house.

Forts a plenty! The neighbor kids and my brother and I had bottle rocket fights from them, it got out of had when the roman candles came out.

I would take dads entrenching tool and make snow tunnels. If you were close to the surface you had enough light to see. In the summer it was a .22 strapped to the basket on my Honda 3 wheeler and a tackle box and rod on the back. We had no neighbors so it was up to me.

Back