Good Morning!

Speaking of hardwood floors I was once on a job for a large college sports complex .Thousands of square feet of hard maple flooring installed by Cincinnati floors a very large contractor of this type stuff .

They sanded that stuff with a floor sander they rode on like a lawnmower .In spite of semi 's full of flooring there couldn't have been a half a pick up truck full of scraps at the end of the job .http://cincinnatifloor.com/

Oh I might rig the oak today .It'll take longer to rig it than it does to drop it .Double line with a snatch block in the tree to get a 2 to 1 pull .I've got way enough rope two 600 feet reels of 1" nylon I just don't look foward to moving those heavy rascals .I need one of those skidloader gizmos you hear so much about .

Good Morning TreeHousers! It's a day off from da House Of Burgers, so I'll be taking it easy flying a bucket for my buddy Mike. I didn't wanna climb today, but he said he had an easy bucket gig, so I'm game. Man, these dual incomes are starting to add up! :rockon:

Plus, it feels good to get in the air!

This post is why I looked for the 'Like' ,
cause if was there, i would of hit it!

Well.... we had a glitch in the schedule yesterday... I guess the HOs forgot we had two days scheduled at their place or I forgot they rescheduled :/: Oh well. So I took care of a few odd ends yesterday that needed completed and decided to day was a day of rest for the most part. Brewing some more coffee and watching Lilly (who is thrilled I am home) color her fairy book. Katy is taking an on line test and the boys are doing home school lessons. Rob has the flu bug that has run through the kids.
I am gonna get a late start on messing with some wood outside.
Unload the oak out of the trailer and get 1/2 cord of pine split for a client. Extract pine poles from the back 5 acres and then load then start working on getting all the wood ready for the bon fire tomorrow. Should be a nice day. :)

I forgot to set my clock back last night and am up a hour earlier than planned. Watching "Carlito's Way" on Netflix

Ours went forward on the first of October, I didn't know until I turned my computer on the next night.:scrambleup:

I don't take much notice of it really.

A lot of years I don't set my watch back for about a month. Setting the time back screws me up every year. Forward is great. I think it was 1974 when Nixon decided it would save energy to stay on Daylight Savings Time through the winter. I thought it was one of his best decisions.

I have proclaimed today to be a day of rest for Stephen..... It is raining outside and cold. There is a fire inside and it is warm. Kids and Katy visiting a friend... Quiet :)

Haha. I built a frame for the knuckle booms tailgate only to find the bed isn't square. Another project...

Didn't really want to be up at 4am this morning. Leaving at 3 this afternoon to start the 4 hour drive to play a show on the other side of the Mitten, then four hours back. I usually get home from down there around 4am or so. Guess I better incorporate a nap in the day somewhere...

I don't even fight it anymore. I just don't drink a cuppa joe when I get up and putter around for a bit. After a bit I'll start yawning and hit the sack, again.

I average twice a night, getting up. Some of ya'll may have noticed. :/:

Yup, no fight here, just a cup of coffee and maybe read a book a bit later this morning. Reading is like a sleeping pill...

I want my free meal from Applebees but I've gotta go to work at one. It was GOOD last year, a gourmet bacon cheeseburger. Perhaps... 'twas an omen?

"Rise and shine maggots! This ain't no girl scout camp!"

Happy Veteran's Day one and all. Thank you to all who serve.

I thought it was "drop your c*&ks and grab your socks ladies" that was 1944 according to my Dad. Thanks vets.

Body aches today; arthritis acting up. Helping out two young fellows just getting started. Since I last climbed with them they bought a very used 1992 Morbark Model 290; Cummins diesel 12" chipper.
Yesterday we got through 1 1/2 of the three jobs slated for the day. Spent the first part of the morning working on the chipper, getting it to start, and unclogging the chute full of vines from the last time they used it.
After getting back from taking my father for an MRI of his lungs (longterm cough and ugly sputum) I'll catch up with them and see how far they've gotten.
At least last evening's rain has dried off and it won't be sloppy working today.

Back