Good Morning!

I've heard it will deter rats. I guess they don't like the flavor. I'd expect in reality it would hold moisture and rot the top of the engine. Perhaps keep a cat under the hood?

It's kind of late but good morning everyone and happy 4th of July. I'm doing laundry here and I think the stuff will dry in about a hour on the line.

Gotta be hot down there.. cause it sure is warming up here.
Made a morning run to town before it gets hot. Lilly has been wanting to ride in the truck, and I promised her she could yesterday when I made a dump run. I forgot the car seat yesterday on my way home and snatched it from the van this morning. Truly made her day. She saw some pretty marbles at the store and decided they were the shat.. I just gave her an old cigar box of mine to put them in. You would think I gave her a treasure chest :) My grand fathers used to give them to me when I was a kid. I think I still have a couple from back then. Was pretty cool to me at the time as well.
She helped carry stuff at the hardware store. Helped carry groceries. Handed stuff to the clerks that fell on the ground and was very polite.
Made for a good morning even though I had not enough coffee yet.

Ah, coffee's tasting good. Pleasant weather this am. have to leave in a couple hours to play our monthly open mike gig. Feeling better about the 2 hour drive after having the car all gone through by my mechanic. jUst hope we have better luck than last month with the new sound reinforcement system.

Drive two hours, set up sound from 1:30 to 3:30, and play 4-7pm, then drive home.

Probably be the last time we play with this configuration of guys. Already canned a fiddle player and will dump the banjo player after this show. I'm looking forward to the change in personnel, these guys just can't play or sing at the level my buddy and I are used to, and the band is only as good as its weakest member. I have only been playing Bass so far but My buddy is pissed about the vocals & asked me to take over all the high harmonies, as we have sung together for years and he can depend on me getting all the parts right. It will be nice to get back into singing more, just have to get the voice back in shape...

Not being a musician, I always wondered about the logistics in a professional band. How do wages get figured, does everyone make the same, like when new members come in? Does Ronny Wood make the same as Jagger?

Dave,
I know Michigan is a big place, but do you happen to know any of the the Williston brothers?
George had a band for a while (maybe still?). They grew up in Jackson.
He plays guitar and mandolin. Another brother was a fiddler, too.

Not being a musician, I always wondered about the logistics in a professional band. How do wages get figured, does everyone make the same, like when new members come in? Does Ronny Wood make the same as Jagger?

At the level we are playing at now we just split up whatever the gig pays evenly. Usually I will get a bit of help form the others as I drive much farther and I usually chip in some to Joe as he invested in and takes care of all the sound equipment.

At a higher level one gets paid either by what they contribute, contracted salary, or union wages, depending on the situation.

Dave,
I know Michigan is a big place, but do you happen to know any of the the Williston brothers?
George had a band for a while (maybe still?). They grew up in Jackson.
He plays guitar and mandolin. Another brother was a fiddler, too.

I know many people down near Jackson and lived near there for a couple years. I could very well have met them but sorry to say I do not recall it. I may be more familiar with their band name than the names of the individuals though.

Thought I was finishing off my irrigation this am, looks like I need to put lower GPM heads in :dur: How about another cuppa joe

Finished fixing a computer and had lunch; now off to finish the 2nd half of a maple takedown...
actually nice out; 88*F and only 59% humidity :)

I'm in Norfolk again at my friend's place. We've got a mutual friend getting married today, so we're carpooling into Maryland for it.

I'm easing into my morning with some CADD work, and enjoying an almond milk latte.

Pumping coffee. Have a small job at a couple rentals to do and I am calling it a day. Only working today so I don't have to work seven right before vacation. Then I have vehicle stuff to address and the boat to ready before next week end.

New string for my Bass came in mail:) so put it on and now getting packed up to go jam at a Bluegrass festival with a buddy or two for the afternoon and evening.8)

They had a bluegrass band at my nephew's wedding last week. "The Compost Mountain Boys", very good. You had better get us some video Fiddler.

Did two Bradford Pear take downs this morning, finished about an hour ago. Planning on pool lounging, a bike ride, and a fire to get rid of an old shed at my house tonight.

Truck toolbox door is on. Here it is after the first coat of paint. Can't spray it on too heavy or it will run like crazy. I need to hire somebody to give my poor truck a bath, it's disgusting. :(

Back