Good Morning!

I've got a dead Birch to knock out this morning, probably no more than past noon. I've got two guys the last couple days, Ashly's bro got a job making minimum wage so he's done after today, and a friend of mine needed a PT job so he's in training. Not sure what I'll do after the mornings job. :|:

I had a reschedule today (found out Saturday) and nothing came in to fill the schedule so I'm going to take care of a small "take care of it when you get the time" job that has been waiting about 3 weeks. It will only take a couple hours.

TAking my Dad to the Doctor at 9:20. He fell on his way to the garden on Saturday and hit his arm on the curb bruising it pretty good. It is healing really good, but it is one of those follow up visits.

I'm going to check out some stair railing at one of the box stores this AM .Then go to my shop and retrieve another 600 foot reel of 1" nylon in case I need it next week for a pull down of an oak .Also get a 32 foot ladder to get me up there to secure the rope .

That dead oak is over 3 feet at the base,bark falling off .I don't have long gaffs and besides I'm just a tad long of tooth to be trying that stuff .

It's like 150 foot to the anchor point .Then with a two part line through a big snatch block and snaking a straight path through the trees to tie it off to the power it will take a lot of line .The power most likely will be an OC 6 Oliver crawler .

It won't take much,about a foot over will do it or should .I've pulled over 9,000 pounds dead weight before with that little dozer .

Canada Day Holiday today, gonna take the kids to all the free events today and then have a bbq/beer with family tonight!

Agh the 4th of July . Start of 8 days off .After I get enough coffee in me I'm going to split about 3 or 4 cords of that ash I have scattered hither and yon .Might get it all done today or not .

One more fat azz ash to come down which is firewood then the 100 footers which should hold around 12-1500 board foot each of saw logs .

Happy splitting. So for you it's "Independence (from fossil fuels) Day"?
I have one last pile of mixed oak, locust, and ash to stack for the winter after next.
Then it is on to produce the drawings for the building department to obtain permits before beginning construction of the new workshop.

On that I'm thankfull I 'm not burdened with plans for building projects at least not in the county .In town it's required but not in the country . The only think the are concerned about would be any plumbing drain the exits the building concerning sanitary sewers .

Happy Independence Day!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

G-morn!

Nice day here, looking like we are heading for a scorcher. Changed the oil in the Ford already, gave her a quick bath. Found a hell of a mouse nest in the engine valley "again", get that shit out of there before they chew all the high voltage wires. Check your valleys powerstroke owners!

Not sure what I want to do today, but nothing is sounding pretty good!

Back