Good Morning!

My 'crew' today is comprised of three young women, my two youngest daughters and their friend.
We are cleaning up trees for some retired folk in the area, and they are taking the earnings (donations) toward gas money for a trip to California.

They'll be driving from here (DE) to Nashville, down to New Orleans, on to Austin, then Tucson (where their brother lives), Grand Canyon, Arches, Bryce, Zion,
and then on to Berkeley where they have work and internships for the summer.
On the way back they'll hit Yosemite, Yellowstone, and other points through the northern states, stopping at my parents' place in Michigan before getting home.

The eldest then leaves for a PhD program in Glasgow, Scotland (grover's stomping grounds), and the other two head back to LaSalle Univ. and Boston Univ.
Oh to be young and on the road again...

P.S. Should they have any car trouble on the way (2003 Prius) I'll be looking for THousers in the area to help out
with suggestions of decent repair facilities...

My 'crew' today is comprised of three young women, my two youngest daughters and their friend.
We are cleaning up trees for some retired folk in the area, and they are taking the earnings (donations) toward gas money for a trip to California.

They'll be driving from here (DE) to Nashville, down to New Orleans, on to Austin, then Tucson (where their brother lives), Grand Canyon, Arches, Bryce, Zion,
and then on to Berkeley where they have work and internships for the summer.
On the way back they'll hit Yosemite, Yellowstone, and other points through the northern states, stopping at my parents' place in Michigan before getting home.

The eldest then leaves for a PhD program in Glasgow, Scotland (grover's stomping grounds), and the other two head back to LaSalle Univ. and Boston Univ.
Oh to be young and on the road again...

P.S. Should they have any car trouble on the way (2003 Prius) I'll be looking for THousers in the area to help out
with suggestions of decent repair facilities...

Dude that's awesome.
Mourning yall well I think I should get ready and go kill two big over grown ornamentals I don't even know what they are. Oh well HO wants them gone.

Off to plant the garden today, got rained out last weekend, gonna be a long day considering that we have almost a 1/2 acre garden.

Farming seems to go hand in hand with a bad back. I still see a few rice farmers whose bodies have been bent at the waste into a permanent L shape, particularly women, for some reason. Their faces perpetually face the ground unless they look up, sort of like some strange dwarfs in a fairytale book. When you see them in the rice, man they can really move, but on normal ground they are all messed up. An old occupational hazard. Now with the planting and harvesting machinery that they use, you see fewer and fewer.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HYR9s6chrI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well over 1 acre of vegetables planted, thank God for good friends. The back is sore but it's nothing that a couple good shots of whisky and a beer won't fix.

Going to bbq tonight with friends and family, so all in all a great day!

Willie, whatsabout aeroponics? :/:

Hadn't heard of that but the aquaponics seems so cool because it's a closed system, as long as everything is functioning properly, you never dump water out of it. The only real input is fish food

My first vegetable garden ever, and the earliest plants that seem to be digging it are the green peppers. The egg plant and tomatoes are still in the "We don't know about this", phase.

Back