Good Morning!

Brian, what do most guys get for trimming palms in Central Florida?

I know of guys doing them for $10 - $15 each with cleanup, off a ladder. I usually charge $50 -$75 per, depending on how bad they are and how many I can get from one setup with the bucket. Obviously, queens are usually less, with sabals and Washies being more. Date palms can run as much as $250 each.

Well, the early morning paperwork is done. Time to head out and run some errands. Today's errands look like a small trip to Wal-Mart, quick trim at the barber shop, and a lunch meeting.

How's the job search? And all the bullshit? Is all of that resolved?

Job search: still going

That mess Still on-going. I'm waiting to hear back on when and where the deposition is scheduled for, so as far as the civil mess goes, he!! no! :roll:

School Mess: I've got all of my program applications in. I'm waiting on the final word of my financial aid package. I guess now it's a waiting game. I applied to the RN program, as well as the CNA program. Obviously, I'd rather start with the RN program, but if I have to start with the CNA program, I can most likely complete all of the program requirements between the Fall and Spring semesters, all while wrapping up transfer credits or RN program prerequisite credits. Both are needed anyhow, regardless of the path I have to take.

Well good luck. I did a couple of clinicals when I was in nursing and that was enough for me. And double good luck on the civil crap!

Thanks, Butch. I'm getting ready to mail out more paperwork related to "that issue."

Frankly, I'm actually looking forward to school. It's just another point in life, a new period for growth of the mind, and a transition to a new path yet to be traveled.

Besides, Rage against The Machine had lyric in their song "Guerrilla Radio," has lyrics that apply to this situation (yes, I know of the political rhetoric revolving around the song :P ).

"It has to start some place, it has to start somewhere. What better place than here, what better time than now!"

I'm in my mid-twenties, I'm not getting any younger and it doesn't get any easier as you get older to learn. I don't have any kids (that I know of, just kidding :P! ), no significant others at this time, no pets, just my mom, brother and uncle, and a house that my brother and I own. It's now or never, in my opinion.

Otherwise, it's Monday again! I've had my coffee. I'm getting ready to clean out my uncle's jeep so I can get it to the body shop for him, so it can get the long-due paint job that he and I did some horse trading for it. My uncle traded a parts truck into him for it, and I did some TIG welding for an exhaust system on one of the shop owner's project trucks. I'm going to run by the college again, and then the post office... so a slow day planned out so far.

Good morning, all. Today is the big day! I have a small job this morning and then I'm buying the Mustang this afternoon! :blob6:
I'm not very excited about it. :P

Oh yeah, a tree guy always needs a pickup truck. At least now I'll be able to drop it off to get some issues fixed, like the drippy transmission.

Yeah, rub it in Brian.8)

Just make sure you don't pick up a virus.

2192569_63_full.jpg

Then there was the baseball game that you played with the plastic ball with a lot of holes in it and the plastic bat, "Whiffleball". You could throw some nasty curves. That was fun!

Right you are...I'm sure the name of the ball derived from the difficulty of making solid contact...knuckleballs for the common man, so to speak :).

Headed out on the water today, over in Spanish Wells, John is targeting Yellow Fin Tuna. We are meeting Capt. Tweety at 8 am and headed to the Dutch Bar.

Back