Good Morning!

It's complicated .With the super high speed switching utility companys buy or sell excess power .The source of same can be changed many times a second .It could be a power house on Lake Erie or some place on the west coast even Canada .At peak demand they might need to pay higher prices or so they say .

On some commercial 3 phase services they bill on peak demand .Meaning starting up high current usage items which could likely mess up the power factor and cause a much higher billing for the entire months usage .I could explain it but it gets complicated.

The metering system used on some of the services here locally are in fact remote transmitters ,gas ,electric, water .They at one time had to at least drive by in a vehicle to get the readings but evidently another method is used these days .Specifically how I don't know .

My praticular situation is one where we read the meter which is numaric .They come out about once a year to read it themselves .

Oh I might mention .Through the politics of big business is exactly how the notorious Kenneth Lay did the Enron nonsense .He bought huge quatities of electrical power from California and in fact sold same right back to them at hugely inflated rates .Legal beagles,crooked CPA's and politicians in their finest hour .One of many reasons I'd put my trust in a bunch of outlaw bikers before any of those crooks in three piece suits .

I installed one of those new Hybrid water heaters back in July. It dropped my electric bill about 50 bucks a month. should pay for itself in 2.5 years.

I have toyed with the idea of installing a point of use water heater for the kitchen sink and dish washer .10 gallon size would do it .

It's an L shaped house and with the water heater placement is a long ways away from the kitchen area .

My water heater is right next to the kitchen and it still takes over a full minute of running the faucet full blast before I get hot water at the kitchen sink. For the shower at the other end of the house, I turn on the water before getting undressed. And if you want hot water at the bathroom sink, turn it on and walk away for a while.

This morning I discovered that my alarm clock no longer works. I thought maybe I had been hitting the button and rolling over, but this morning I woke up at 6:29 and waited for it so I could turn it off before walking away. The light started flashing indicating that it was buzzing but no noise came out of it. Looks like I'm off to Target this weekend to replace it.

I have had sleep problems for a few years. Out of the blue for the last year, been sleeping like a baby again. Can't explain it. Restless leg syndrome used to plaque me when I was trying to drop off. Now, it seems, when I am relaxing at night and start in with the RLS, it is time to hit the sack.

Winter, I'm awake by 6:00, summer, anywhere from 4:30 to a little after 5:00

A friend of mine is building a new hose. He put a thermo siphon recirc on his hot water line, it will always be hot at the tap.

A friend of mine is building a new hose. He put a thermo siphon recirc on his hot water line, it will always be hot at the tap.
It works to a degree as far as hot water .However with the cooling of the water in recirculation probabley no more or less cost savings than just twiddling your thumbs waiting for hot water to come out of the faucet .

I'm not too sure how well the actual thermo siphen method does .They normally use an itty little Grundfoss type of recirc pump ,like 1/10 -1/16 th HP .

I read in a trade mag, where they were hooking the recirc pump up to a motion sensor. That way you only recirculated the water when someone was in the bathroom or kitchen. Supposed to have increased the efficiency.

I have been lucky all my life. I seem to have a good internal clock. I can wake up within 10 minutes of anytime I choose.

Fixing to prune a pine the city won't let us remove. Cody wants to bring the 660 and pretend we are removing it cause the neighbor is the one raising a stink. Last time this guy had trees removed the neighbor sent the city an email telling them to come stop the indescriminant cutting of trees:lol: He drove by and gave me a sour face and thumbs down a few weeks back.

Was supposed to be trail blazing out in Bear Valley today and pick up about another 10 gallons of Avgas. Started raining last night and will probably rain on and off the rest of the week. Soooooo more rescheduling to do. I caught my books up yesterday. I guess I will go to town and get some stuff and make spaghetti sauce.
Nice hot coffee on tap. Since the little coffee maker broke, I have been using the 42 cup unit. Plenty on demand...

Took a Lortab last night, slept decent, off and on. I'm not sure what's worse anymore. Dealing with the pain and not sleeping, or sleeping and feeling hung over the next day.

Headed down to Santa Ynez in Santa Barbara county this morning. My Aunt died last week of ALS and I'm chauffeuring my parents down to the funeral. Coming back Saturday.

I'm off to my big pine tree job. 20 removals on one lot, the biggest restraint will be the number of trips to the dump. I'm bringing my camera since I haven't posted any work pictures in a while.

Back