Good Morning!

The son of an old friend, and former guitar student and employee of mine, got hold of me this morning and informed me that he will be inheriting his fathers old Kay bass and wants me to have it.....wow. Said he wants to see it taken care of and be out being played by someone who cares about it. His dad was a great friend of mine, that I played a lot of music with over the years, who past away several years ago.

I've wondered for several years what happened to this instrument, and dreamed of owning it but when I had the money, I never felt comfortable making an offer to the family as I had heard it would never leave the family and one of them would learn to play it eventually.

I told him I would be honored to be the caretaker of Jim's bass, but in no way could afford to be its owner (the thing is worth a small fortune). He mentioned what a great friend I had been to his dad and their whole family for so many years and responded with the offer of a lifetime free loan of the instrument to be revoked upon my passing.
Ii'm sort of stunned by the situation.

Not happening Butch, wife would kill me- you would have my King - and lifetime loan would be repealed on the Kay. then I would have no basses and it would be awfully hard to play fiddle after my demise......:lol:

Hahahahahahaaa!!!

1219x0j.jpg

The son of an old friend, and former guitar student and employee of mine, got hold of me this morning and informed me that he will be inheriting his fathers old Kay bass and wants me to have it.....wow. Said he wants to see it taken care of and be out being played by someone who cares about it. His dad was a great friend of mine, that I played a lot of music with over the years, who past away several years ago.

I've wondered for several years what happened to this instrument, and dreamed of owning it but when I had the money, I never felt comfortable making an offer to the family as I had heard it would never leave the family and one of them would learn to play it eventually.

I told him I would be honored to be the caretaker of Jim's bass, but in no way could afford to be its owner (the thing is worth a small fortune). He mentioned what a great friend I had been to his dad and their whole family for so many years and responded with the offer of a lifetime free loan of the instrument to be revoked upon my passing.
Ii'm sort of stunned by the situation.

What an honor, Dave. Further proof that good things happen to good people. :thumbup:

Now you can make yourself one of these:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p2ZlqL_kkVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good find Brendon. Stupid thing is we used to have to give them away or pay to get rid of them when I lived back there in the 80s. After I left... Everybody started wanting to actually pay for them :lol:

YUCK!!!
Claw tubs are cool, but I want something HUGE with jet nozzles and stuff!

I looked up that saw Brendon, I am SOOOOO getting one of them suckers! That thing is just bad ass!

That looks really nice and seems a fair price! We are still loving our range that we got last year, such a pleasure to use compared to the old POS we had.

The one that came with the house was a POS :P
Not even a low burner on the thing and can't even get a wok hot enough to cook stuff proper.
It was propane like this one. But sucked. Even the oven was never consistent in temp. Really looking forward to having a convection oven again. :)

Gas is the only way to go.
If you have gas !

We don't but Mrs Smith has several options . Double stacked electric Jen-Air ovens,convection micro wave under counter ,another micro wave and a surface speed burner counter mounted surface burner unit .

In other news after I get enough coffee in me I must do an energy audit before I'm in the poor house .

The freakin electric bill was 409 bucks last month .Good grief ,something is awry . I can't figure that one .The only electric heat on is two small baseboard units in the two bathrooms .The geo nor the ceiling heat comes on because the wood stove heats the whole house all by it's lonesome to a nice 73-75 degrees .

Maybe your neighbor has a long extension cord. Could be running a grow-op.

I don't think it will take you too long to find, Al. You heat your hot water with electricity? Hot water leak is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Gas is the only way to go.

If you have gas !

We don't but Mrs Smith has several options . Double stacked electric Jen-Air ovens,convection micro wave under counter ,another micro wave and a surface speed burner counter mounted surface burner unit .

Well, we don't have natural gas either...like Stephen, we're using propane. Still the only way to go, so far as cooking, which is what I was trying to say.

I'll be damned some times the most simple of things eats away at ones wallet .

I have an aerobic sewage system that incorperates a lift pump .After going through about one every two years I installed a genuine effluent pump which draws 15 -16 amps but has power up the snoot .

With water run off during the winter the drainage outlet tile becomes partially filled and thus creating a head pressure the pump must overcome .It blew the drain connection apart and has been running 7 and 24 .That's 112 bucks a month . I'll fix that SOB so it will never come apart again after it warms up by George .:what:

I also had forgotten that I have a recirc fan in the crawl space to alleviate any moisture problems .I had made a mental note to install a timer to alternate about every 15 minutes or so but evidently lost my notes along the way . Perhaps when I lost my mind which I do miss ,I think .

That thing is a KWH every 3 hours or so or 75-80 cents a day ,another 25 bucks down the drain .Should be 6-7 at the most .Damn it all adds up if you add it up .

Still the only way to go, so far as cooking, which is what I was trying to say.
I like gas too B .My wife is scared to death of it though .She got blown out of an oven when she lived in Waterloo Iowa and doesn't want a thing to do with it .She won't even light a gas grill .

Back