Cold showers

Haha, Glad you got it off your chest mate.

Whilst we are on the subject of it... I was looking out the window today with the wood burner going. It got quite hot in the house. At one point I thought about going for a dip in the fjord to cool off...

Then I opened the door and thought better of it. Had a coffee and removed my jumper. Felt so much better.

I got to know them when I first lived in California in 80-82.
Always wanted one, so when I rebuilt my bathroom I found a compnay in Finland that makes them in marine grade aluminum.
Ordered one and built the bathroom around it.
Hooked it up to the central heating, which is by wood furnace with a heat exchanger and a oversize filter unit.
It is well insulated and the little heat it gives off heats the bathroom.
So apart from the electricity to run the circulation pump, it is cost free to run.

P1030817.JPG

Last edited:
Sweet hot tub!
I need to get mine running again
On a slight tangent years ago I found I had Hep C, was too tired to work. Anyways I didn’t much like the Pharma solutions so decided to cure myself😂 Anyways I was treating with many approaches and would have my viral load checked weekly. I repeatedly saw huge drops in my levels that I couldn’t explain. Months later I was reading about oxidative therapy, one way to do it is sit in a bath of hydrogen peroxide. This was before the internet was big, anyways turns out my hot tub “Shock” was h2o2 and the large drops were when I shocked the tub

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wiseness!

I'm sorry to report that I hadn't dunked since November 29, and happy to report my son and I went in yesterday, beautiful weather, beautiful empty beach, water was 42* and I'm telling you it was fookin torture. He stayed in for 3 minutes. I walked out after a little over a minute :rockhard:then went back in to finish the 3 minutes, probably lost out on 45 secs of therapy there. ;)

Yup, as is invariably the case, the abject (though utterly harmless) torture was followed closely by and hour or so of rapture. It was somewhat similar to a drug high in that it changed my perspective a little. A couple days ago my bucket truck broke down badly, I limped it to a garage and it's supposed to be "looked at" this week . Being without the heart of my operation basically fried my pea brain.

After exiting the water, I felt better about it and my other problems too. Sorta like how that can happen after ya get high.:|:

Lol i still think you need better drugs if you feel that jumping in ice water is the same. I'm now thinking of how crappy a drug would be if you just got drenched and frozen with every hit hahahahahaha

I'm sorry to report that I hadn't dunked since November 29, and happy to report my son and I went in yesterday, beautiful weather, beautiful empty beach, water was 42* and I'm telling you it was fookin torture. He stayed in for 3 minutes. I walked out after a little over a minute :rockhard:then went back in to finish the 3 minutes, probably lost out on 45 secs of therapy there. ;)

Yup, as is invariably the case, the abject (though utterly harmless) torture was followed closely by and hour or so of rapture. It was somewhat similar to a drug high in that it changed my perspective a little. A couple days ago my bucket truck broke down badly, I limped it to a garage and it's supposed to be "looked at" this week . Being without the heart of my operation basically fried my pea brain.

After exiting the water, I felt better about it and my other problems too. Sorta like how that can happen after ya get high.:|:

You are a stone cold nutcase, my good friend :D.

47*, 3 min dunk today, beautiful weather, calm water, mostly empty beach, with son. Very strong challenge followed by bliss, as usual. Did some Wim Hoff horse stance practice after, fun too.

I got diagnosed with arthritis in my middle finger so like it or not, I'll have to battle it with the wim hoff method.

Been dunking a lot lately. Water is at 51* now which is a great temp. High 40's is great too but low 50s is easily doable. First minute is somewhat challenging and then after that it is smooth sailing. Went in for two 3 minutes sessions, then with some calisthenics on the beach in between (some horse stance and pushups). Then, just for the fun of it, sugar cookies in the sand.

Water was superb, shoulda stayed in longer but was great anyway.

I feel like "summer" has finally started- full daylight at 5.30am thru 8ish PM. Air has been chilly all season but now finally its up into high 60s and low 70s. Lotta people out and about now with covid receding.

Last edited:
People there don't seem to give a hoot. Despite our hooting out there lol.

If I tried that I think my hands would surrender and fall off and float away....

Nah. Guaranteed that after you get over the initial brutal-feeling hump, you would experience the utterly awesome feelings that follow. :headbang:

Sweet Jesús.

I used to have to ice bath in college whirlpool... buckets of ice... I think it ruined me for ice cold anything when there's hot everything there.

Though I do see the merits... just um Chicken I guess. :)

It was a single serve... like one person at a time.. like the size of a small cowboy tub filled w ice water to your waist... including your nuts. COLD. I think we had to do 5 minutes.

What sport were you icing down from, cross country?

I went after work today, solo. About 10 minutes. :headbang: :drink: 8) ;)

I'd love to have the cash for a personal ice bath set up.

Mainly for leg recovery. I am no runner like that maniac Deva, but I do log some miles. I notice recovery seems quicker if I ice. This past weekend I did 31 miles in a National Park with many, many ridiculous climbs. Joints, back, etc are all just fine. Muscle soreness was bad for 2 days. Icing, I believe, would help.

What is your experience with it Deva?

Back