Bang/Buck Rigging Rope?

Use a hammer to pound it in between the loops. Then pry it to loosen. Pin wrench is a northern name for spud wrench, i keep forgetting that Gary, thx.

Make a bight with the knot at the apex of the bight, give yourself about a foot and a half and swing/smack it onto something hard like concrete, and sometimes that will help loosen it.

Knot in the line that has been loaded and seems impossible to break ... Been there but try to avoid it ever happening. All the usual tools plus patience can help , reach for the knife last after admitting defeat. The Overhand Knot and Figure Eight are the two worst ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I liked the strength of the 8 is why I used it. Live and learn. This rope's gonna get a workout, so maybe it'll last through the project. What I'd really like to have is a bollard on my hitch. No knot at all. I might start gathering the materials, and see if the welder from my construction client will knock something together for me. I'll offer money, but I know he wouldn't take it.

When I use my truck hitch for an anchor I use a judicious number of round turns on the hitch and let the friction be the knot basically. If I have to use a knot and have to load it deeply it's a bowling. But anytime I can add some friction loop somewhere to take some of the pressure off the knot is what I do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was debating between chain and cable, and just went with cable. I got 12' of ½". We'll see. If it sucks, I can get a chain later, or maybe find a chain I already have, and get an appropriate hook for it. Also added Husqvarna muffs for my work helmet. The peltors I got for it are too big. Been bothering me for awhile, but I kept putting it off.

Back