Your thoughts on Air conditioning

Well yeah, you’re up there by the polar bears, buying fuel for your vehicles, and presumably a single house smaller than 4100sq ft. :P

Two houses, two electricl cars, hottest month of the year (so far)(.... it all adds up. The two car chargers can pull 80 amps combined. The care chargers pulled 1.35MWh over the past month.

7MWh/30 days... yeah 40 amps @ 240V 24/7.
5.65MWh/30 days= ~33 amps @ 240V... or 16.5amps per house, continuously.

That bill doesn't really seem that bad to me, I spend <$1k/year on all energy combined aside from gasoline, but I've seen high bills like that from other people online that don't have electric cars. Might not have been USA, but still.

When you add the vehicles in its cheap, but then again i get about 12 mpg in my damn truck lol. Thankfully I'm only 10 min from work right now.

There must be a storm nearby. Temp just plummeted from 92 to 79. But 82% humidity. I try to take a break about every hour or so to sit in the truck for a few minutes with the A/C blasting on me.

Well yeah, you’re up there by the polar bears, buying fuel for your vehicles, and presumably a single house smaller than 4100sq ft. :P
All true, Carl. We don't heat or cool the house with electricity, aside from the ceiling fan in the living room and a stand fan in the bedroom...and neither of those see much use on an annual basis. It's only 1500 sq. feet.

Back