YO Motorheads!!

thats what sux about the tree business, we got what 10-20 motors to keep running and if one goes you are SOL. Too much headache.........John I got a 5.9 Cummins you could put in that thing......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
BOOM!!!! Its done. Cylinder four I think. Rod went, sent chunks into pan...blew out a hole. Chunks also got sent around the crank shaft and blew a crack in the block...so much for core trade in...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sgQIgALJhjA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sgQIgALJhjA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

now....the next part. Short or long block..or crate. Shop is a Jasper dealer. Prices tommorow. Should I supercharge it...jus kidding8)

got a 7500 dollar refund from workers comp....but that just went up in smoke:|:

Jasper is a good option if you don't want to put a used motor in there. I put a Jasper in the blue bucket truck (8.2 Detroit diesel) and it ran great, although it burned a bit more oil than I would have liked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I milk a couple more years under a warranty at least

I just tried to navigate the Jasper website. It's bullchit. I won't do business with a company with such a pain in the ass website.

Dang,

Don't really here that often on a stock motor from what I've read.

Good luck,

Cummins swap is a good idea, and might be cheaper if you have the time.

fordcummins.com

Jasper puts out a good product, I have had several of there engines. John looks like a complete engine is around 4500.00, a complete running engine is around 8600.00. This is just the engine prices does not include installation.

Dang,

Don't really here that often on a stock motor from what I've read.

Good luck,

Cummins swap is a good idea, and might be cheaper if you have the time.

Swapping in a Cummins would be a PITA into a Ford. The motor mounts would have to be fabricated, the computers swapped, you would have to take the tranny with the Cummins as the Ford tranny won't bolt up to it. Not to mentuion that the pulley systems are different for power steering and such... The Cummins is and Inline 6, where the PSD is a V8

He would be into it for more time and money than its worth.

Plus who in their right mind would want one of those rattle trap 5.9's anyways... :lol:

Gary

There's kits available, check the website I added.

I wouldn't put a 7.3 back into my truck if it blew. But business is business, gotta get put together as fast as possible for John.

They make kits for the swap, and a adapter to use the ford tranny on the cummins. Its a very popular swap. But definatly not just a drop in and drive thing.

The 12V doesn't need electronics from the truck to run anyways, which is why it's sooo popular to swap.

But anyways...

If a complete running engine from Jasper is 8500, the link I posted is a Ford Dealer selling it in the 7's.

I buy all my Ford parts from them, on some parts I pay about half of what a local dealer will charge.

They are "better" because mo power/easier to make power, 2 less cylinders, simpler, less electronics, cheaper, yada yada, blah blah......and they sound cool.

Well Brendon... that is a biased website as far as I can tell. No prices either.

It can be done, but they are making false claims to the 7.3L being unreliable... To each his own, but there is nothing wrong with 7.3L PSD's.

Gary

Back