What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
If I'm not mistaken either Chicago or Fargo ND was colder than the south pole yesterday .Of course it's summer at the south pole .

Kalamazoo was 1 degree colder wind chill than Antarctica yesterday.

just finished clearing three driveways and Four mailboxes of snow with the mini. That's enough of the outside for me for the day. Only going out to start the truck every few hours now.

In fact, it is "hand of the CIA" (by analogy with "hand of Moscow"). America wants to disrupt the Winter Olympics in Russia, and stole the Russian winter ... :D Now in St. Petersburg +4*C :(

In fact, it is "hand of the CIA" (by analogy with "hand of Moscow"). America wants to disrupt the Winter Olympics in Russia, and stole the Russian winter ... :D Now in St. Petersburg +4*C :(
Our Canadian prime minister Stephen Harper is putting 2 gay athletes in the front podium of our Canadian athletes in protest of Russian anti homo sexual views:lol:

December 2013 produced the 4th coldest winter here in northeastern North Dakota since record keeping began back around 1890. This latest cold spell produced temperatures of 29 below zero here in Cando, ND......which is about 12 degrees warmer than our record lows.

While the most recent cold blast produced no new record lows in our area, it's certainly lasted longer than average.

Joel

Woodstove is hungry; must feed woodstove.
This weather looks good on the Gore disciples, but they will put some kinda spin on it, and say that climate change caused the cold weather....duh.

At the moment we're having a real honest to goodness drought. Cold and dry. Most of the small rivers and creeks here have not flushed out since last winter and the winter runs of salmon and steelhead are being eaten up by the sea lions just off the beach. Local ranches are running out of hay and alfalfa. Most reservoirs are completely dry. I recall a similar series of droughts in the mid 70's that lasted several years. But this one looks like it might be the mother of all. Damn shitty weather.

I feel for you all dealing with the temps, they called school here today due to the freeze:banghead:
I had 26 this am and 36 now from 75 two days ago.

Weatherologists are predicting temp in 40's and 1/2 inch of rain this weekend, then back to sub-zero next week. Should make for some really nice ice-jam flooding.

Even the Eskimos up north are getting cold weather they never seen before. Recent reports of one community had a blizzard so severe that tornadoes formed blowing buildings and debris everywhere.

On the other end of the scale my father inlaw who is doing hydro line contract work in Saudi Arabia said they had light rain which closed the schools.

Here it is the opposite. I only wore a flannel shirt for logging today and will be taking the motorcycle to practice tonight.

I think climate change is the new buzz word not global warming. The highs will be higher, and the lows, lower.

Back