What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
No her winter tires are mounted on black steel rims, her summer Michelins are on the minivans aluminum wheels. Every winter rather then switch tires over we have a spare set of rims/tires. The trouble is the winter tires sit for 6 mths or more of the year in the shed which is why the beads dry out or whatever.

I mount quite a few of my own tires and have found using a lube on the bead like Murphey's or Frey's prevents slow bead leaks and cold weather flats. Even on rims that have rusted and pitted I can get them to seal. The bead glue is crap. Some kind of chlorinated solvent glue judging by the smell.

It's been a bit toasty here as well.

29960.jpg

Not laughing at the situation down there Steve, but that comic is funny! :lol:

Been so nice here for work, light frost in the morning and about 65 during the day... No rain, no snow.... It does not get much better in winter in these parts.

They make some stuff called "Slime" that unlike fix-a-flat is not flammable that they say works good .I've never tried it .

Now I did fix-a-flat a little trailer I use to haul in firewood behind my tractor .It has a straght front axle from an old Ford 1/2 ton with 15" tires with lug nuts so rusty if I ever need to take a tire off I'll have to heat the nuts with a torch . It might be as old as I am for all I know .I'm not quite that rusty yet though ,only certain parts .

I used to send to Gempler's for 5 gallon pails of a fixaflat similar to Slime. It works well on bead leaks if it is run regular. If it sits around not so well. Plugs when they get old loose their rubber component. They start to look like rope and leak. Fixaflat will seal them for a while to.

I think they pulled the flamable propellant out of the small cans of fixaflat. I am told it doesn't work all that well.

Oh the hawk of winter is upon us .5 degrees at about 5 AM when I woke up ,wind chill at 16 below .Not as bad as North Dakata or the Northwest Territories but certainly not Key West either .

I need to get another load of wood from the pile and this go round it will be all red oak ,brr .

Snow was falling this morning, so I never got up. Cold here, I love when it's so cold you can move the snow with a leave blower.

Gotta get to it tomorrow, have to prep trees for a crane on friday. Was going to limb them all up with the bucket, and just pluck the tops and wood with the crane. Trying to get it filmed on a Gopro I just bought, if I can figure it all out.

This all is pending on the trucks starting. :|:

We got a bit under 6" snow and it canceled the job scheduled monday and tuesday. My buddy's truck can't take off at his home. It was a little slippery.
It's slowly melting now.

Yesterday ... Fire-wooding in snow & freezing rain - everything was covered with ice: ground, stem, branches, me. :whine:

Today ... ALL snow and ice are gone ... 52°F already ... gonna be working in a TreeHouse Tee Shirt, today. :|:

:D

It was tad nippy a few minutes ago when I hauled in a load of firewood .10 above with 18 MPH wind gusts .The older I get the less enthusiastic I am with winter .Another 6 weeks it will be over .

Sonic has the best fast food burger in the country! The hot dogs aren't that great, but at half price they're worth it. I bought three - one for breakfast, another for lunch, and I'll be knocking the last one out in about three hours. That outta hold me until next year!

Saw this the other day. You can change it to North Dakota and not be far off. Don't all you folks with the boring same-every-day weather patterns envy us in the northern plains?

528928_2771937233267_825880424_n.jpg

Blizzard here starting in a couple hours through tomorrow afternoon/night. 24"-30" over that time.

I get to plow super crammed parking lots in Brookline for the duration. I'm not super excited but it should be a nice check to cash if I can stay awake! :what:

Back