What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Arizona gets humidity for a while during monsoon season...
Example of lack of humidity in summer in mid to southern Arizona... Take hair dryer (blow dryer) and turn on high 2 feet from your face and try to breath... That is what it is like with a wind or having your window down driving in 114 degree heat. You then either, seek shelter in AC in home, movie theater or mall.... Or... Seek humidity under a mister system or pool. OBTW... A pool in your back yard will feel like bath water in summer...

A little more than 2" snow this night.
Really nice, but it's tricky to work with for me. It's sad it wouldn't be gone for the next job monday.
I don't like freeze and snow on the contrary of Stig:)

Temp: 1F,
Visibility: .5 mile
Wind Speed: 39 mph
Gusts: 46 mph
Wind Chill: -27 F

No Mosquitos!!!
Bob my wife is at Brandon just across the border from you at the moment. She drove 7 hrs yesterday to do a job interview there today, blowing snow, cold she arrived there last night late with a flat tire as she arrived, broken bead.
She ended up getting a mismatched tire from a Walmart this morning.
We just had new Michelin X ice tires installed last month, go figure eh? I thought Michelin was the way to go. She comes home tomorrow and colder the forecast says.

At least it sounds like the wind will end by tomorrow. Hope her trip home is better. Where are you located in Manitoba.

... Take hair dryer (blow dryer) and turn on high 2 feet from your face and try to breath... That is what it is like with a wind or having your window down driving in 114 degree heat...
Great analogy! The one time I went to Vegas it was 122 on the strip mid day, I remember thinking I was going to pass out just waiting for the monorail from Bally's and there were people playing tennis across the way. Around here its hovering in and out of freezing with foggy mornings and reasonably clear days lately.
BallysMonorail.jpg

Bob my wife is at Brandon just across the border from you at the moment. She drove 7 hrs yesterday to do a job interview there today, blowing snow, cold she arrived there last night late with a flat tire as she arrived, broken bead.
She ended up getting a mismatched tire from a Walmart this morning.
We just had new Michelin X ice tires installed last month, go figure eh? I thought Michelin was the way to go. She comes home tomorrow and colder the forecast says.

My guess is a slow bead leak. Does she have aluminum wheels? They seem extra susceptible. You have probably had more tires just go flat from the cold than I have, but that is always unpleasant.

The wind has been blowing here for 2 days. Very mild yesterday (50 F ) but temp is slowly going down and is supposed to continue. If the wind dies it won't be so bad.

My guess is a slow bead leak. Does she have aluminum wheels? They seem extra susceptible. You have probably had more tires just go flat from the cold than I have, but that is always unpleasant.
No her winter tires are mounted on black steel rims, her summer Michelins are on the minivans aluminum wheels. Every winter rather then switch tires over we have a spare set of rims/tires. The trouble is the winter tires sit for 6 mths or more of the year in the shed which is why the beads dry out or whatever.
She's driving home this morning with wind chill temps of minus -41 and drifting snow. Her survival kit is good, artic down filled parka, minus-70 Sorel boots, candles, axe ,space blanket etc. She used to be director and organizer for the Queen Trapper events so she has lots of survival skills www.trappersfestival.com

Driving hundreds of miles through the bald prairie is dangerous under these conditions, but the last few hundred miles of her 7 hour drive is in solid bush country. Lots of wood to burn and make shelter from the wind.
As long as your in timber country you can easily survive.

We gout up to -11F today. Supposed to drop to -29F tonight with windchill to -55F. Will be an interesting drive to work in the morning. Probably end up doing tree inventory tomorrow. Can do a lot from the vehicle. That and shoveling snow that has drifted in should keep us busy for the day.

That cold front is here .22 right now and dropping .Expected over night low of 3 below .The house is nice and toasty though .

8 degrees out, with a windchill of -8. I am layering up today. The worst part is having to go through all of the layers to get rid of all the coffee I'll drink. :)

52 here yesterday and calling for 6-8 inches of that nasty white stuff for tonight. A meager 27 right now.

Back