What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
When you've got weather conditions like that, you can be sure of a few things: no snakes, alligators, mosquitos, or people with blue hair driving around with the left blinker on, because they are all in Florida!:lol:

And due to a cancellation and call about tree felling... we shall now work at 2800 feet instead of 1800 feet... We also need to stop and give an estimate at 8 am at 3000 feet where there is now snow and ice... DAMN.... :(

Still better than -34 though :P

Dave was talking about the blue hair drivers. Over 100F keeps a lot of people off the road, I like it nice and quiet.

When you've got weather conditions like that, you can be sure of a few things: no snakes, alligators, mosquitos, or people with blue hair driving around with the left blinker on, because they are all in Florida!:lol:

Well, they got that forcast right for a change. Mid 90's yesterday and it was 104F today at 4pm out the back in a cool spot. It has dried up so humidity is not much, about 35%. 80 now at 12am.

Starting to feel like normal again. 8)

Drizzling rain at the moment . I had plans to torch off a big pile brush but that will have to wait by the looks of things . Good heavens it got up to 61 yesterday .The record for that date is 64 .

19 below zero this morning in Flagstaff. Not the temperature that comes to mind for most people when they think about Arizona.

I would imagine that most people who don't live in a praticular area would get confused as to the lay of the land .Like Arizona is all desert or something .

California gives the impression of vast beachs with thousands of blond haired cuties there on .That's only part of the big state though .

True Al. When I lived in New England most folks pretty much thought all of California was Hollywood and beaches.
Took a time convincing people that we had snow, lakes, rivers and big trees. :lol:
Almost gave me an idea of how those fellows that discovered the sequoias felt when they tried to get folks to believe them that there are really trees that big... :lol:

You might notice that Florida doesn't get as hot as the other states. Ocean on both sides pretty much caps our high temps to about 10-15 degrees higher than the ocean temps.

22 C equates to 71.6 F. That's a bit warmer than I keep my place, my electric heat isn't very efficient. I've kept mine set about 67-68 (20 C) and on warm days I open up the windows until sunset. But I'm also wearing extra warm clothing on those chilly nights because 68 is cold for this Florida boy.

I hear you, I prefer it a couple degrees lower too but I want to make sure my kid is comfortable. At night I lower the thermostats to 15C (about 65F) except in his room where I leave it at the 21-22C mark. I grew up in the house of 'put on a sweater' brrrr.

The temp in the room I'm typing in is 75 F .Actually the wood stove has no problem maintaining pretty much that throughout the house even at below zero . It might be a bit too toasty for some but I like it .

I am cooking and the wood stove is nice and hot.... I have no shirt on and windows are open..
I too Paul, for a while, lived in a couple places of layer wear. It is about 82 in the house right now.
I prefer it cooler in my room for sleep however. Much cooler.

Nice day here, around 40. Quick waxed both trucks, washed the Toyota, and continued to gut the new houses basement so I can get that stove in there.

Back