What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 489K
You can send some of that snow down here Squish - we haven't had any since Christmas. :(

Well the fog rolled into Hunters Valley this morning.. Cold as a witches teet in January.
I wish I had a camera with me today though. Got up to the pass going home just above the valley fog. Just a sea blanket of white across the San Joaquin Valley. Sunset coloring the clear sky. So clear you could see from the one mountain range to the other. Amazing.

I did not realize when I posted those cam pics yesterday, that they update even here. Hope everyone enjoyed watching the sunrise in Yosemite this AM. I bet Burnam had a nice sunrise also. He was probably busy watching his woods :)

I'm waiting, it's still dark.

Try this one, it's about an hour away from me. It's raining again so you might have to wait a few days to get a good view.

It's good on a nice day, The Three Sisters is about the best one .8)

http://www.scenicworld.com.au/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=44

Looks like you are 19 hours ahead of me. It is about 12:30 am here on Friday. Trying to figure this out It is 7 PM there Friday ??
It will be sunrise here about 2am yours? Sooooooo In about 7 hours you would have light in Yosemite. I will be up there in the morning for Ski Instruction Orientation.

http://www.yosemitepark.com/BadgerPackages.aspx?ic_campID=2&ic_pkw=OnTheSnowListing_NovMar2010

I was much more in touch with OZ and TAZ time some years back with a couple friends I have over there.

Man was my math bad :lol:
Either I did too much accounting and fried my circuits.. Or I better go check my check book again >>>>> :lol:
I like the way you can control your cam there. Little lag so I had to be patient. I wish it had been raining though. I put it in my favs to play with again though :)

This one is for Bob, up there in the snow belt. :D

I just got off the phone with a friend living in northern North Dakota near the Canadian border.

He said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping way below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force. His wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare. He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

Skwerl, Really enjoyed your message. This next week is supposed to be highs of about -5, lows about -20. We usually have this for a week or two in the winter, but it has been so long since we have had a normal winter (about 10 years) that it is really going to be rough. To make it worse, there is so much snow on the lakes that the ice is too weak for most ice houses. What a bummer.

I love those long time prognoses.
They are no more accurate than basing a weather forecast on what you read in the intestines of a pigeon.

Maybe that is what they do.

Quit telling them how nice our weather is, Bill. They will want to come visit. Then they will want to move here. All of them. ;)

That could play out to my advantage though,i won't have to trim anymore palms if they move here,then i can go up north in the spring-fall and bank while they're trimming palms.

It keeps spitting a tiny bit of snow .Not much 1/4 -1/2 inch . The damned fine stuff drifts over the roads though and there you go ,clear roads then slick as snot in a curve .Like 4-5 inchs deep .

Back