What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Coldest morning yet here. lots of frost on the ground. Temps just above freezing but the sky is clear and it will warm up

Up here in Ontario Canada, (south of Detroit MI), we got hit with about 6"-7" of snow over night!

HC

We should have a thread dedicated to everyone's local webcams. When my daughter was away at college I'd check on the roads sometimes if I was worried....found out that pretty much every city of any size has one nearby now.

'Warm' here 35*F, sloppy, slimy mud....like chocolate pudding.

Snow, snow, snow!!!! And a snowfall warning for later today!!!

As far as blockheaters go I also have hardwired automatic battery chargers linked in to my dual battery set-up, so when I fire up in the morning the block is warm and everything is fully charged ready to blast snow! Worked all night/morning and now I gotta get a few zz's to head back out around dinner.

get some rest Squisher, its snowing to beat the band here, prolly 2.5 inches since 0800 when we rolled out of bed.

pics out the window from my living room. :)

Attachments

• PC174739.JPG
    PC174739.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 2
  • PC174740.JPG
    PC174740.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 3
  • PC174741.JPG
    PC174741.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 3
Yah I need it. Almost wrecked a couple of times this morning:|:. Getting sloppy. By wreck I mean backing into something and taking out my sander, not crashing into another car or driving off the road or nothing. Backing up a bazillion times relying on your mirrors/memory gets to ya after awhile, and all you need to forget about is one pole or light standard.

Ha! You're quick, Paul! I'll add to it when I get back...I just spent lunch adding F˚/C˚ to my signature so I have more of a clue what you Canucks are whin....uh....talking about.

:P

The storm we were supposed to have last night and yesterday eve petered out. All we got was a slight dusting. Temps went in the 20s last night and now its warming up and all the snow is melting...

The ice is moving in, it's spotty though. Nothing here, but looks like a nice blanket where I would have been! Glad I am not there!! I hear now they got even more snow than we did, so I don't know if I could have even gotten in anywhere.

I'm kinda bored.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uj5DTqDotMs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uj5DTqDotMs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attachments

• PC174745.JPG
    PC174745.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 3
rain...for the fifth day in a row. Oh well, repaired the broken BMG grapple...BOMBER as hell now!. Dave, you dig it, I'll post pics tommorrow

Gonna ride a wet TD in the AM, sucks...but the dollars will be nice

How is your knee Roger? Are you going to be good for ski season?

I'm gonna give it a whirl.....it's not feeling that bad...

Will prolly have to scale it back a little....prolly none of this...though this is just a puny 15 footer...and I was a young whippersnapper then....in 2004

Attachments

• web1555.jpg
    web1555.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4
Roger...you were my age in that picture.

I can't imagine. :\:

If I FORGET and jump off a truck or gate, we're talking a 4-5 foot drop now....I feel like I've 'accordioned' all my joints. You're a much better man than me, obviously.

Stevens is opening in 2 hours, with 24 inches of new ultra light fluff (on top of 20" of older light stuff), and I'm out the door. It's 0 F, and dropping...brrrr

The area where I have my season pass openes tomorrow, but Alpental, the gnarly one of its four areas, needs a bit more snow and time....dang it.....they've got almost 40 inches on the ground, and also 24 new...

Roger...you were my age in that picture.

I can't imagine. :\:

If I FORGET and jump off a truck or gate, we're talking a 4-5 foot drop now....I feel like I've 'accordioned' all my joints. You're a much better man than me, obviously.

both my knees are bad, now, che....the one just aches...nothing else wrong, the other, well, we'll see.......

Landing in 2 feet of pow on a steep slope, as in that pic, is easy....

Back