What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
forecast is to warm slightly sunday and Monday down here, -7 today, -1 Monday. We shall see I guess.

It's cold enough, but it needs to stay this way for a couple of weeks. It just might be enough to make a difference this year.

Let's hope so!!! It's gonna be cold at least through XMAS day, here in the PNWet, it sounds like.

flew home to VA today.

houston/beaumont 50

charlotte NC 65

Williamsburg 50

17, three inches of snow, the low tonight is supposed to be 20, I can't wait to see how that works out.
I've got to make a wood run tomorow. High of 36, hopefully I can get in and out before it warms up!!!
I am taking the big come along just because this time!!!

Well it has started again.. We have a mix of snow and ice coming down hard and steady, dark clouds rolling in and the temp should be right in a bit for more snow... I have not heard the projected amounts yet...

Cowboy Dave's working for a coupla weeks for a big firm in San Jose...said it was snowing there this morning--big fatties comin' down. Saw pics from Kirkweed. Guys were skiing mid thigh blower pow!!

Calling for 1-3" tonight, white stuff that is.

I am going to be "shoveling" for some extra $, not much but something to do. It's all part of a plan, he's a landscraper, I'm an arborist, his current wannabe tree guy they say shows up drunk and he getting sick of it. Well whaddya know, there's Brendon.

Thank goodness for inept treeguys, makes room for people who got their act together. We get good money for handshovelling here.

This new report just in is enough to get me all hot and bothered...and, maybe, wax my boards...

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM WEDNESDAY TO 10 AM PST THURSDAY... .TONIGHT...BECOMING CLOUDY. SNOW BECOMING LIKELY NORTH CASCADES WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW LATE CENTRAL CASCADES. SNOW ACCUMULATION IN THE NORTH CASCADES UP TO 4 INCHES. LIGHT WIND. .WEDNESDAY...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 8 TO 15 INCHES. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES 18 TO 23. LIGHT WIND BECOMING NORTH AROUND 10 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON. .WEDNESDAY NIGHT...SNOW SHOWERS. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 10 INCHES. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION 1 OR 2 FEET. SOUTHWEST WIND IN THE PASSES AROUND 10 MPH IN THE EVENING BECOMING LIGHT. .THURSDAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES AROUND 15. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES 20 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 MPH. .THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. LIGHT WIND BECOMING WEST AROUND 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

It'll be what I call "chokin-on-it" pow!!! Definitely not "Cascade Concrete"!!!

barley got above freezing today even though it was sunny all day. supposed to get nasty again tomorow night

58 and raining here - YAHOO we need the water

Great photos rbtree thanks for sharing

MISS the snow

It Came from Canada!

We have a storm advisory:

ANOTHER COLD WINTER WEATHER SYSTEM IS DROPPING DOWN FROM WESTERN
CANADA. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN SPREADING SNOW ACROSS BAKER
COUNTY OREGON AND THE WEST CENTRAL MOUNTAINS OF IDAHO EARLY THURSDAY
THEN SPREAD SOUTHWARD ACROSS THE AREA THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT.
GREATEST SNOW AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED IN THE WEST CENTRAL AND BOISE
MOUNTAINS WHERE VALLEYS COULD SEE AS MUCH AS 8 INCHES OF NEW SNOW
AND HIGHER MOUNTAINS AS MUCH AS 15 INCHES. SOUTHERN VALLEYS WILL BE
PICKING UP SNOW AS WELL...MOSTLY LATE THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT
WITH 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW POSSIBLE.

Thought everyone would get a chuckle from this article in today's News Tribune. I especially liked the last sentence .

Continued outlook: Cold, frigid, icy, frozen
THE NEWS TRIBUNE Published: December 16th, 2008 12:05 AM

National Weather Service forecast for Western Washington: Bitter cold, followed by snow storms and frozen eyelashes, with numbing polar temperatures continuing until who knows when.

Highs between freezing and frigidity. Lows between unbearable and unbelievable. Wind chill factor between arctic and absolute zero.

Strong likelihood of violent shivers and chattering teeth in Puget Sound lowlands. Chapped lip advisory in effect.

Frozen nose and ear warning on slopes of Cascades. Sno-Cats or dog sleds advised on mountain passes.

Icebergs possible in Hood Canal, East Passage and Tacoma Narrows. Slight chance of polar bears in outlying areas.

Children sledding, mainly on hills. Inner tubes likely, with occasional toboggans. Snowmen and snow angels expected. Snowball hazard throughout Western Washington.

One hundred percent chance of icy windshields, frozen car doors, drivers late to work.

Black ice, white ice, frosted ice. Hazardous intersections. Slight chance of sanding by city crews. Chance of collisions with damnfool drivers who don’t slow down on icy roads. Cars spinning like tops. Occasional cars in ditches.

Parkas, gloves, mittens required; survival suits advised. Frozen fingers likely when putting chains on tires. Tropospheric air temperatures, mainly outdoors. Possibility of musk oxen fleeing south.

Continued outlook: really, really cold. This winter weather advisory in effect until hell freezes over.

Back