What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 487K
All kinda on nasty weather outside right now. One second it is pouring rain, the next hail and then some snow. And throw in 20-30 mph with 45 mph gusts and you got a party. Quite a bit of flooding going on as well. A lot of major roads are blocked/closed. I was on my way into work and the major highway we shut down so I gave the boss a call to tell him I would be late. He tells me there is only one road in and out of princeton, our yard is flooded and it is starting to back up into our shop. So to say the least no work today.

Clear, windy as shat though. I'm gonna install a lightning protection system in a 120' White Pine, should be entertaining.

wonder why I am at home working in the office today? cuz its been doing this since about 6 this morning. You can hear in the background some poor soul is mowing, I hope they are in a covered mower!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QoQ-aMSwQOs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QoQ-aMSwQOs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

and yes, thats rain and hail together. love it.

ugh Paul that is terrible. Gorgeous and sunny inland today ;) . Got up at three today so I've already done my work for the day.

You mean the "wet coast"?! :lol:

Paul,

Tree Guy is out in that today. Not fun! Of course the days he's taking off this week to price (Thursday) and then move (we're finally moving into the new house on Friday) are supposed to be sunny. Typical!

Tree Guy is out in that today. Not fun! Of course the days he's taking off this week to price (Thursday) and then move (we're finally moving into the new house on Friday) are supposed to be sunny. Typical!

not fun indeed. I had a big install job lined up for today. canned it at 6AM when the pouring rain woke me up. its now on the board for Friday.
Congrats on getting in to the new place! and dang, you are getting close to expanding your family too, 24 days! :)

Yep - it's getting crazy close. We're moving into the new place three weeks before my due date! Cutting it close.

Did it end up nice your way this afternoon? After that front this morning we now have beautiful blue skies here.

rainout here too. went to the driving range and hit a couple buckets (its covered and the stalls have IR heaters). then came home and watched a movie. gonna walk up to the bank now, the rain has quit, and deposit the last few days earnings. tomorrow its topsoil day! yahoo!

Yep - it's getting crazy close. We're moving into the new place three weeks before my due date! Cutting it close.

Well say,it is getting time for the "launch" so to speak.Do your breathing,focus.It will work out just fine,the move and the new arrival,count on it.:)

Worked with my contract planting crew today in an all day mix of snow and slushy rain...my typing still is not up to normal, cold hands. They put in 9,100 trees; western white pine, Douglas fir, and Noble fir.

Worked with my contract planting crew today in an all day mix of snow and slushy rain...my typing still is not up to normal, cold hands. They put in 9,100 trees; western white pine, Douglas fir, and Noble fir.

On the opposite end of the scale.... been around 90 and humid the past few days. Yesterday in the area of the shop I was working in, I got the temp up to 110 at 11 AM(roughly 83 outside)

Back