What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 9K
  • Views 519K
Hot today, especially so welding up a bunch of condensate lines in a trench. Looking forward to doing another one in between 2 live uninsulated lines as the heat index goes back up to 105, both pipes will be around 400 degrees, it'll likely be leaking water the entire time, and I'll probably be in leathers again. Good times :lol:
What is that set up about?

What do you mean setup? Why are the lines all right by each other? That's so they're easy to find and insulate, and don't take up much space, but I'll be fixing 1 while the other 2 are live.

Steam cools off as it travels down the pipe, and some of it will condense into water, aka condensate. It's insulated with gilsulate, which is a white power insulation about the consistency of powdered sugar, so when you dig the lines up and expose them the insulation is cleared away as well. The steam is high pressure, about 250 psi so it's about 400 degrees. The steam and high pressure condensate are on the outside, so the pumped condensate in the middle will super fun :lol:

It rained for 30 seconds this morning, then the sun came out. started walk8ng to the sawmill to get my tractor, then it downpoured fir two hours. I had to use the pallet forks to unseat a bead. I finished changing the tire and went inside to get dried off, and now it's sunny again. :bs:

That sounds like my yesterday. Putting stuff away before the rain came. All of a sudden there it is, pouring. Got soaked down. Rained for 5 minutes and quit.

I recommend buying a bead breaker. Not sure if HF is good enough, but my son got an old manual tire machine with a lever type bead breaker-it works amazingly well. I used to use an old bumper jack. No more.

Back