What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
We don't see much mud in these parts. If we do, it's usually because some sprinkler heads have popped off or got knocked off by the landscapers and flooded parts of the lawn in my apartment complex. :D

Even in Scottsdale.. just maybe not in your apartment complex or something.
My house was off Pima Rd near the Princess and Westworld at the foot of the McDowell mountains. Probably not far from you.

Even in Scottsdale.. just maybe not in your apartment complex or something.
My house was off Pima Rd near the Princess and Westworld at the foot of the McDowell mountains. Probably not far from you.
I'm not saying that there is never any naturally occuring mud from legitimate precipitation. That would be a fool's argument. I'm just saying that 90% of the mud is produced by my apartment complex's sprinkler system operating in some way or another.

Who knows. You may even get to see snow in Scottdale before you leave. I did a couple times over 10 years.
I actually grew wisteria in my back yard at my patio. I would ice the roots so they would bloom every year if it did not freeze over the winter. Had ice in the pool a couple times.

Saw plenty of rain in AZ. Just not like New England.
Perhaps the climate has changed since you've been here. I see very, very few days where it rains here in Scottsdale. I realize that one could travel an hour away and see twice or even three times as much rain. For whatever reason, there is extremely limited precipitation in Scottsdale. In the last year we've gone two months at a time or longer without any rain. But when we do get rain, man, does it pour down hard.

I'm from MA, so I know all about New England weather. Living in Arizona is a totally different experience weather-wise. If you can live in New England, they say you can live anywhere because of the weather diversity. Here in Arizona, people forget how to drive when it starts to rain. In MA, I swear people drive faster haha

Me? Oh, since I was born...

It's dryer now than it was. No arguing that.

Hell, 20 years ago, it would rain in Heber Overgaard at 16:00 that you could set your watch by it.

Not so in years.

Mud? Shit, that's my whole yard right now, what ain't malaipis stone or cedar tree! The surface of my driveway is between 3-4 inches deep right now. And it's slick!

No fire going here but I'm sitting in front of it debating whether to turn my new air conditioner on.

Don't like them really but had it put in a few months ago for winter, just in case.

9.30pm and 90, that wouldn't worry me usually, there's normally a breeze but it's dead still and turned humid. Pobably because of the cyclone up north, it doesn't get humid here often. One reason I moved here.
I think it'll be no.

How long have you lived there?
I've only lived in Arizona for the last three years. Apparently Arizona is in a drought within a drought. Arizona has experienced three severe and sustained droughts during the 20th Century: one that started in the early 1900s, which is believed to continue to this day. Then there was another draught during the 1950's. Finally, the most current long term draught, which began in 1994, is still prevailing today in conjunction with the drought that occurred over a century ago. Also keep in mind that Arizona frequently experiences "short-term" droughts which can last anywhere from a few weeks to up to six months. Anything over six months is considered "long-term." In other words, there have been a lot of droughts in Arizona and it's difficult to determine where one truly ends and another on begins. But the overall trend is that droughts are increasing and that the Colorado river, the largest perennial stream in the Intermountain West, feeding the two largest reservoirs in the United States, usually sets the tone for drought conditions from year to year. Winter snowpack in the Colorado Rockies usually melts and feeds this river.

24°, cold and clear at 0500
Was cloudy yesterday, with intermittent sprinkles of snow and rain. Forecast says it should be sunny today, but it's been nearly a week since we've seen the sun, odd for AZ.

Back