What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
@Burnham at what elevation are you ?

I was thinking of you and M the other day while in Oregon City and Portland. How long a drive out of Oregon City?

We are at about 100' +/-, sometimes going to the low country at 0'.

An inch of snow. Seems our precip had been changed to plain cold and dry in the upcoming days.

I think -23 is the coldest I remember here. Been many years since we have had anything close to that and that's ok with me. Without wind it's not all that bad. Our windchills will be in negative numbers for the next several days. The wind can quit anytime now. Our power goes out with regularity. Have a generator but it isn't an inverter so lights, furnace and coffee maker is all I care to run on it. Better than nothing I guess. Should pick up an inverter.

Yesterday was a blizzard, as I stated elsewhere. Today, there was clear skies and much wind. Hope tomorrow said wind will lay down and take a nap.

Jim, 49 below is wicked cold. That's right around where things stop making sense. Like how did I get here? And, why did I ever leave Arizona...

I've seen -20° here in cactus country, which isn't as uncommon as many think, we get that polar vortex crap too. Perhaps more remarkable is how long it stays cold sometimes. Some years ago, we dropped to -8, then didn't come above 20° for 28 days. At the time i was playing plumber, made a ton of money fixing broken pipes.

We are in the teens, with a biting wind earlier in the day near the Sound. Other places no wind, but cold. I dug my insulated coveralls out of the closet for the first time of the year.

Cold week after a hot christmas. We got -4°, but it is in °C :D
The steady north-east wind from Siberia added to the chilling. A smidge of snow to top it, but it stayed only on the grass, roofs, cars...The ground was still warm by this hot winter. Until now, we had barely a handful of slight freezes on the windshields in the night. The sudden drop was the surprise. We aren't used to the cold anymore, all we got is an extended autumn. But actually, this freezing week is just the temp for a very mild winter here. The news said that the scandinavians have been hit really hard tough.

Yea, the rain's been a drag. Go to bed to the sound of a sump pump running. If the rain we got was snow, my house would be close to buried. It would look like something from NE Russia.

It's been rather mild so far .However the hawk of winter is on the wing and it looks like the Siberian express will visit us about Monday or Tuesday .Predicting below zero with wind .WTH retired,throw another log on the fire and settle in to hybernate for a spell .Got food ,plenty of adult beverages .A very alluring grandmother ,76 years old with a mind set of a 19 year old every so often .I want for nothing .:D

cooling down here now with lots of wind. Mt trees have pretty much dead wooded themselves but no damages yet. Didn’t lose power either. It was business as usual. Cold plunge, light work out. And then off to earn the sunrise ( well daylight).
IMG_7504.jpeg
Camera made it look light out. I actually had my light stand up

Cold plunge, light work out.
Pretty awesome you're onboard :dude:

I went in today too, 47*, felt like 37:\:, renewed my beat up self.

Lately I"ve been embracing the major difference between still water and moving or rushing water, so I've been moving the limbs in the tub for bigger oomph.

Getting snow! Nothing to write home about, but it's nice to see. Went back to the spruce job with Mike, and we raked the chips out. Another tree fell, and the neighbor cut it up and piled it in the strip. That's twice now I've returned to the job, and it looked worse than when I left it :^D

No kidding.

The snow didn't really show up here at our place, but we got sleet like I've never seen it. Two inches of sleet mixed with snow. Fused into a glaze that is treacherous to walk on, even on flat ground. I wouldn't like to try driving on it even a little bit. Tire chains would be an absolute must to even move.

Should begin to warm up in the next couple of days.

Back