What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 481K
Fukkin cold is what’s headed your way. In the teens right now. We had some nice flurries today, snow globe like, but blowing sideways at 40mph. 40mph and a high of 21 just sucks! Yesterday I had dandelions going to seed in my lawn.

Been a year of extremes: the driest spring on record followed by the wettest fall. November set a new precipitation record.
Had a minor storm this night, blew the shooting stand over. Guess the dumb hunters should have anchored it better.
Once I can walk again, I'll take the ATV and help them getting it up again.
An ATV with a front winch works better than all the king's horses and all the king's men.

The burst of hot summer is over.
Winter gear tonight and a second blanket, bit cool this morning.

Storm on Wednesday night, rain all day yesterday and it cooled right down. Rain again tomorrow. :(

Thanks Queensland, keep your cyclone weather up there.

Foggy on the ridge this morning, visibility down to 100ft at best, realistically, 50ft. Winter weather advisory currently, expecting snow. I'll believe it when I see it.

Damp, cold, and cloudy, gunmetal skies. Just enough moisture has touched the ground to start the mud, now any precipitation we get will turn everything into a deep miserable mire, clinging to boots, building up and weighing down.

In the last weeks, we got only two small occurrences of frost. Just a slight frost, less cold than the wet unfrozen weather we got for a while. They cleared briefly the sky too and stopped the rain for a moment.

It was beautiful this morning! That first photo is pretty spot on for how the world looked on my ridge for awhile. Still cloudy, very light snow showers, but nothing coming on the radar.
Personally, I could do with another foot, or three on top of that 6 inches, but I like the snow.

Back