What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 490K
It started at about 7 AM light snow... as of 8 am it really started coming down, wind blown. Starting the wood stove and sitting this day out.

Attachments

• P1010143.JPG
    P1010143.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010144.JPG
    P1010144.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010145.JPG
    P1010145.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 5
We keep getting one right after another... It was supposed to start last night and drop to 1000 ft. But it was way late getting here. 2000 is getting snow.. Hope they get the kids home soon[-o<

inmaSIRCAC.gif

They say it's supposed to turn to rain this afternoon, but they never get our weather right due to micro climates in the mountains. That and there is no weather station up here. Our weather comes out of the valley :roll:
Where are you at again up there Willie?

We are NE of Fresno here...

My local weatherman is a moron!:X

That was a weak excuse for a storm.:(

Maybe the one tonight will be better.

Come on snow Gods.... show me whatcha got!:D

60 at 1pm, 34 now, and dropping fast!! They are not calling for any snow, but it's on the radar all around us? The wind is blowing to beat the band, 40mph gusts. Something isn't sitting well with me and this system. I've got the genset plugged in again alreadyand cut up, split some wood and stacked it inside.

Sun came out for a few... Kinda weird... like being in the eye of the storm... You can tell it is snowing 360 degrees around us.. Here is the next onslaught ......
Better split a lot of wood Andy, we are getting hit about every other day or more here...

Attachments

• P1010149.JPG
    P1010149.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010150.JPG
    P1010150.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 3
I think I'l be ok Stephan,Ive got a face of Hedge here at the house, just cut and split the larger pieces and wanted some dry wood in the house.
I also have a full cord sitting at dad's, not a mile away, that I just don't have the room for right now. That doesn't include all the Oak I have sitting here and there:D
Let it snow babby!

Yup... Get that Oak ready for fire wood sales ;)
With the weather coming in, you should be selling more wood soon :D I know I am :D
Heck I am even selling pine this year:what:

inmaSIRCAC.gif

They say it's supposed to turn to rain this afternoon, but they never get our weather right due to micro climates in the mountains. That and there is no weather station up here. Our weather comes out of the valley :roll:
Where are you at again up there Willie?

We are NE of Fresno here...

due north of redding and just outside of your gif

Ahhhhh ...
Yup... I used to go through there on my way to Roseburg...
Or are you more towards Klamath?
Looks like you are getting some of what we were ... mostly fringes though

Actually yes :)
Those were great times with a very special little girl :)
My very first serious GF at 15 BTW was from Roseburg...
And Katy (mother of my children and love of my life) is from the Columbia Gorge area...
Also... My uncle had a place on the Rogue River that I used to visit as a kid.
I have a lot of great memories from up there :D

Back