What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 490K
I just measured 4.5 inches of snow on my porch! That's pretty good for North Carolina!

I don't know how you guys do it. Long underwear? :lol:

I'm going freestyle, it's 45C here, but I am at home. ::lol:

Wish I could have yesterday, big day, lost a few kilo's. :hotsun:

I only need to wear them a few times during the season. It can get mighty chilly hanging out in a tree on a breezy day, waiting on the ground crew to catch up.

Mid 40's F, overcast with sunny spots. supposed to get some rain and snow flurries early in the week.

The temp is above freezing ,maybe into the 40's . Kind of nice other than the mud .

With the type soil in these parts once the surface thaws it just becomes the biggest quagmire you've ever seen .:(

Up in the 40's already and windy. It will be a while before the ground thaws though. Maybe my roof will thaw.

Good luck with those fires, they sound bad from here.

Just checked the weather for this week, 63 today, 68 tommorrow, 72 the day after... sweet! Have the jobs lined up to enjoy it too.

Wellllllllll

Last night it started raining... Then Sleet... Then Ice... With lightening and thunder. Unplugged everything just in time for a lightening strike to ring the phone :\:Then finally snow...
Lost power this am and pretty much decided to take a snow day :D

Pretty out at sunrise this am though :D

Snowing on and off right now ....

Attachments

• IMG_2135.JPG
    IMG_2135.JPG
    429.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2136.JPG
    IMG_2136.JPG
    535.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2137.JPG
    IMG_2137.JPG
    539.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    616.4 KB · Views: 2
The fires went really well Chip. Everything was nice and wet. I did not have to drop any more trees... Scorched a few when then winds came up:(. They are all live oaks and Bay laurel though, so they will come right back..:)

Some more AM pics :D Winter wonderland.... Gonna have to get the kids out side to play today before it all melts.

Attachments

• IMG_2139.JPG
    IMG_2139.JPG
    537.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2140.JPG
    IMG_2140.JPG
    804.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2141.JPG
    IMG_2141.JPG
    588.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2142.JPG
    IMG_2142.JPG
    572.9 KB · Views: 2
There is just something erily cool about thunder sleet!! It's kind of calming to me.
I've only seen thunde snow a couple of times, it's a little creepy, but you get used to it.
Neat pics Stephan!

Back