What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 492K
The term beach front property will someday take on a whole new meaning...

along with our 500 and something percent snow pack this year:dur:

Yup and here on the weekend a 80 year record was broken for cold temperatures for this time of year, yet still antarctica is melting? I ain't no scientist that's for sure, weird stuff.

The thing that a lot of folks get wrong about global warming or climate change is that an increase in the average temperature will mean different things to different areas. The Pacific Northwest will get wetter in the winter and drier and hotter in the summers according to the models. Some areas will be colder while other areas will be warmer. The effect will vary based on where you live.

The thing that a lot of folks get wrong about global warming or climate change is that an increase in the average temperature will mean different things to different areas. The Pacific Northwest will get wetter in the winter and drier and hotter in the summers according to the models. Some areas will be colder while other areas will be warmer. The effect will vary based on where you live.

Oh heck, Darin...don't be confusing us with scientific facts. We just want to whine.;)

Then why is antarctica falling apart?

Money can buy you any kind of scientific result you're looking for. But the pictures on National Geographic there of a unbeleivably huge ice shelf melting apart and falling into the ocean, that's harder to buy.

maybe the end of summer? shoot maybe its shifting to balance by giving us more. we had a super short fire season last year so hotter summer didnt fit the hotter oregon prediction. im no scientist but i dont beleive most of this stuff.

Those ice shelfs where the penguin movie was shot freeze 60 miles or something like that and then melt during the summer.

Dude this ain't no annual melt down there. Did anyone actually read the link I posted? Can we make an agreement right here and now that if Antarctica actually breaks apart into a few big chunks then we can all agree that something isn't right?

Same thing is happening up at the north pole too.

And this is all happening despite our chilly temperatures here, strange stuff.

My rant is over, you can beleive science or beleive in the paid off scientists who are being paid off to make us feel better and so big business can keep raping us and the planet no questions asked.

One season of weather or two or even ten does not matter when you are talking long term cycles. We are talking long term averages. Every time some big weather event happens one group or another says it is proof of or against global warming. It would be impossible to prove. Theory of global warming predicts long term trends, not specific events or annual records.

very true but these trends are made of individual seasons. predictions of massive hurricanes the last 2 years fell through. views of a simpleton here

I like to think of these things by comparing them to my own world.

How many times have you had a client tell you that their tree died 'overnight'?
You tell them that trees have a much longer lifespan than ours, and it takes them longer to show any signs and symptoms of change.

To help a tree become healthy, we must take the long term view, not just prune them once, or juice the growing zone with ferts. and expect the tree to become healthy for years and years.

Proper tree care means continued maintenance over the long term. Paying attention to various factors such as improving the growing zone, avoiding or enhancing water and soil issues, and yes, pruning dead and diseased material from the canopy.

Same with global warming. It will take a multi-pronged preventative approach which will encompass various factors over a long period of time. And even then, continued maintenance.

Dude this ain't no annual melt down there. Did anyone actually read the link I posted? Can we make an agreement right here and now that if Antarctica actually breaks apart into a few big chunks then we can all agree that something isn't right?

Same thing is happening up at the north pole too.

And this is all happening despite our chilly temperatures here, strange stuff.

My rant is over, you can beleive science or beleive in the paid off scientists who are being paid off to make us feel better and so big business can keep raping us and the planet no questions asked.

OK I read it. If this is truly a problem, I don't think this is the fault of big business any more than it is the fault of the average Joe who drives to the hotel to spend the weekend relaxing with his wife and daughter, and Gene Simmons.

Average Joe drives a car, generates trash, breaths and farts.

Heavy industry is ALOT more concentrated, and the volume is much larger. Also heavy industry supplies average joe with the materials that he consumes.

With great power should come great responsibility, but apparently it doesn't. I've never claimed to be a martyr in the war against global warming. I am a product of the environment I was raised in, part of the reason I no longer have broadcasted television in my home.

It was very chilly here this morning but by the time I had slayed a few pines it had warmed up considerably. Global warming could be affected by work, the harder I work the hotter I feel.:?

Back