What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I was just trying to think like a carnivore:)

My old standard for when I'm home alone is tofu and veggies made Thai style.

Wife doesn't much care for Thai food.

I'm pretty much a grilled chicken breast eating fool, nowadays. Either a sammich or just the meat, with various cereals for breakfast.

I like any part of the chicken pretty much...'cept the liver, can't handle that. Now I can't make it without my eggs, 3 or 4 for breakfast every morning.

You can have 'em! Gimme the gizzards!!!

Actually the drumstick is my favorite piece. I wanna breed chickens with eight legs so's I'll have aplenty when I butcher them! :D

I decided to wok some of the garden tonight. Some broccoli, kohlrabi, rutabaga, cabbage, swiss chard, zucchini, summer squash, bell pepper all came from the garden. The rest I had to use up from our trip. Was tempting just to go veggie tonight :D

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1
cool, good to see home grown produce being used. We did steak with wild rice and a tomato and cucumber salad. Bub and I harvested another colander full of spuds from the pots outside, they're destined to be supper soon. The blue russian spuds we had yesterday were kinda mealy, hoping the leftovers taste better as hashbrowns, I will try to remember and not grow them again next year.

Just got some potatoes picked the other day... Still thinking what I really want to do with them.... Balancing on the edge of a potato salad or a saute with onion done al dente. Possibly with a dash of vinegar :/:

depends on what the spuds are best suited for, I plant mostly the general purpose ones, next year I will likely go 50% fingerling and 50% Warba or Bintje, they are both early types and pretty general purpose. Bub declined the blue potatoes yesterday, even though he helped plant, water and harvest them he didnt trust them. lol

I'll have to inquire as to the varieties Rob planted. I think he stayed relatively generic.... Red rose and probably russet. Either will work for what I am thinking.

That looked real good, Stephen.
Pity though ,that you had to despoil those lovely veggies by tossing pieces of dead animals in with them:lol: