What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Took my mother to get an MRI today, and we stopped at the diner for dinner. Got the Greek combo platter. The salad had five anchovy fillets on top. I really like those things. I don't have them often, and I'm a little tentative eating them. First thought is "Wow, fishy!", but it really tastes like the ocean. Kind of addictive.

That looks pretty good. Spaghetti squash is darn bland if you don't zest it up a bit. Spousal unit doesn't normally like it but maybe she'll like this version.

Okay Austin, you lived in NJ, so you know good pizza. Is what you're getting there (which look tasty) freezer jobs, your originals or do you have a half-decent pizzeria out there? Inquiring minds want to know.

Haha, those are just touched up frozen ones, nowhere near as good as a greasy Jersey pizza!

We do have a couple of pizza joints that are actually pretty good.

I made turkey carcass "broth", which has a lot of meat in it, so not really just a broth. M then used part of it to make turkey and dumplings. Mmmmmm.

In another day or two I'll use the rest for a soup base, with onion and garlic, potatoes and carrots.

I split a butternut squash, cut both halves Hasselback style, roasted it and served some Ratatouille and a salad with it.
Looked great and was quite tasty, too.

Looks miserably sucky, Stephen. I hate to think of your family having to choke it down.
:D

Ye gods, my friend...you make a mighty pretty pie crust. And I know what's what on that front, as my most magnificent M carries a wide swath of killer rep as a pie baker extraordinaire, amongst our friends.

Beautiful.

I had some one else make the crust. Flour and I are undesirable mates. Allergic as all hell. I just browned and filled with my filling concoction. Ill let her know though.

They used to make me cover for the pastry chef and baker at a couple places I worked. Misery! I kept telling the executive chef and food service managers that they did not want my bodily fluids pouring from my nose and eyes into food stuff. Never listened. But made me leave a couple times mid shift.

Unfortunately it is near impossible to find good avocados here.

I stir fried some tofu with leftover potatoes, broccoli and a ton of spinach. Seasoned with tamari and lemon juice.
A 3 bean salad with corn, fresh cilantro and lime juice as side dish.

Nice to eat something green this time of year.

Risotto, with some Boletes I found in the woods this summer and dried.