What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Strange you hangin out at a tree forum where the power to weight ratio's essential to the job .....

Jomo

Just sayin that losin weight's not a bad thing Jim, way out on a lateral branch......

Jomo

Sounds like you guys have never heard of OMAD, one meal a day........

No pain..... No gain.....

A liberal dose of electrolytes midday sure as hell helps though.

I refuse to get fat.....

Jomo

I eat at least 4 meals a day.

I weigh exactly the same as I did at 21 years old.

Your point was???

That's cool.

I watched a program once that featured Japanese street food.

Corn was popular for Ramen. Had something to do with the occupation and the Americans bringing corn with them.

I believe it was Anthony Bourdain. I loved that guy.

That was wheat.

I made a cauliflower, tofu curry.
I love tofu.
I realize that to most, it is just bas meat substitute, but to me..........a favourite food.

I first encountered it in "the tofu shop" in Arcata in 1980.
Have loved it since.

For a decade I trained with a half Japanese, half Danish guy.
Good fighter and we were so evenly matched that sparring was a joy.
He asked me to take a tree down for his parents, and it being an easy job, I did it for free.
Months later he said that his father was going home to visit family and would like to bring me something from Japan as thanks.

So I said good tofu.

My buddy told me that his father had expected me to ask for photo gear or something and had been thrilled by my request.
So I got a call, "dad's plane is landing, you have to go to the airport, the tofu has to be eaten fresh."

His dad had gone to one of the small artisan tofu makers.

One of the best things I've ever eaten.

You eat it raw? I like tofu, but what I like about it is the way it adapts to flavors it's cooked with. It also fries up nice with a little seasoning. I don't think I'd like to cut off chunks and eat it.

I like tofu as well. I should probably have it more often. Years ago when we were in Bejing we ate at a restaurant that specialized in fermented tofu. Apparently, Chairman Mao's favorite so they said.

Strange you hangin out at a tree forum where the power to weight ratio's essential to the job .....

Jomo
Not everyone on the crew is a climber. Plenty of jobs for equipment operators and truck drivers, and certainly not a requirement to hang out at the 'House. Jim's good people. You? Not so much after a dick comment like that.

So climbers postin bout how they maintain an optimal power to weight ratio makes me a dick?

Okay Dave......

Jomo

Post number 8675........

I'm callin Jim on it.....despite respect n like for him and his family.

The rest of yu can .......

Jomo