What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

M made her fine Cajun style gumbo tonight. The basic veggies, okra, and slow cooked roux, smoked chicken off my grill, jalapena/mango sausage, and prawns. Served over steamed rice.

She also got up at o'dark thirty this morning and baked very fancy Parmesan bread sticks from scratch. They were absolutely fantastic with the gumbo.

A meal to effin' die for :D.

I only had lamb chops once. Tried some of my daughter's when she ordered them out. They were good. Not super common around here, or at least the places I eat, so I haven't had them since.

Is that from your flock? Looks dam good. My mom liked to cook lamb etc. and I always liked it. Expensive as hell here so I pass nowadays.

I’ll eat that floofy critter’s brain if I get hungry enough.
Wonder if brain is any good. Maybe we’re all missing out on something.

I've had half a sheep head before. It was sliced right down the middle, brains and all. Not something I would seek out again. Tasted alright but the texture was kinda like lumpy custard

Roasted Butternut squash soup.
Roasting it HARD gives the soup a nice caramelly sweetness that goes well with the spices.
Drop some french goat cheese chunks in the soup when served and it is quite yummy.