Website help

rangerdanger

TreeHouser
Hey guys, wondering if I could get some help with some website questions. I'm trying to figure out how to start:

A: A website for Treemendous Tree Care Inc.(our company)
B: A personal website for gear reviews, tech reviews, photos, stuff like that.(may use Apple MobileMe to host this site, still undecided on whether I want to invest the $100 in that or not)

They won't be anything fancy. Just going to design them using iWeb. Eventually, for the Treemendous website, we'd like to get Jason on here to do a professional design, but we don't have the money for it right now.

So, my questions revolve around how would I go about getting these set up? Do I have to buy a domain name? Would I pay someone to host it or how does that work? We've heard good things from other companies about GoDaddy.com, so we're thinking of using these guys, but like I said, I'm clueless as to what I need to purchase from them to get ourselves started.

Thanks for any help!

I use Yahoo web hosting. Cheap and reliable, and no bullshit like the go-daddy types.

You could ask our cousin Russ

russ_small.jpg

He has mail at his web site http://nerdknow.com/

Sort of our family web site guru....

Just an experiment in how fast and easy it would be to get a backup forum going someplace else. That took about 5 minutes.

Back