Tree felling vids

Yeah, Not many wires up there but that place is littered with septic, leech fields, transformer boxes, cabins etc. If not for a leech field we'd have fallen it whole directly away from the camera in the time lapse portion

I never considered a falling tree buggering up a leech field, but i guess so. Call it "Willy's geyser" and charge admission.

Nice, Willie. We need more vids from South Oregon though !
Working on it, got her a new computer and some motivation to go along with the gobs of footage. I could never pic the music like she does, my videos tend to be raw clips.

Jay, absolutely trees like that could cause real damage. The line I wanted to send it out actually had 3 rises dead in line with it. The way we laid it was our second option but I didn't like the side lean with that large shop there so Doug brushed it out

Well, these are going to long and drawn out in comparison of Willies..

I made these for the HO taking down one of her large ponderosa on a steep slope.
First video is pretty much some zip lining with MA to try and get the brush raised and landed up hill to the chipper. We ended up taking out one more tree I had really wanted to save. Oh well.
First day we spent all morning brushing out just to get to the tree and have an open zone for working. Then I shot my zip line in high and started working the tree.
Second vid is a little more zip lining, zipping out the top, cutting the spar in half and felling the second half.
We used some small trees and brush to stop the logs from rolling down hill. They were left in place for erosion control and budget constraints.
Hope you enjoy.....
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S3sMAZY3yA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Second day we were only there for a few hours. I had already brushed out the tree the first day to around 70-80 feet up.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E1h9-29x9Hg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shouldn't take you more than a minute and a half to do those big trees Stephen, including clean up
Just watch mine top see

Looked like a very speedline worthy span you were zippin across Stephen, I'm confident your groundies appreciate your expertise very much!

Jomo

Twas a long walk up hill so they were definitely ok with it ;)
We chain ganged the brush that was under the tree to the chipper before we could get to the tree.
We broke off somewhat early the first day due to high temps. One guy was red as a beet and not re hydrating well. Ended up him taking day two off.
Picture of the tree from the landing before the brush was gone.. Needed a motorised machete to get to to the tree.

Attachments

• 20150720_101620ed.jpg
    20150720_101620ed.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 50
Back