Tree felling vids

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9_XnJpdB-1M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

those are some serious gems.. all good finds...

Here's a vid I out together a while back.. its unlisted right now.. planning on releasing it with 25 more new ones.. a preview for the house

Murph do you push many trees like that, sans rope?

Good deal, Murphy...sure does save a lot of rigging when you can drop it whole...like the idea of two ropes, too.

Cory, what do you mean "push"? Just playing with words?

Push the tree over with his skid steer instead of pulling with ropes. If it is pushable, it is of course a lot quicker.

From what I can see in that video the rigging was set in the tree well enough to pull it, but the fellow in the truck never made the move to do it. All I can figure is he was waiting for the call to PULL! In the meantime the faller cut the hinge too thin and the tree went to its favor.

Through my career I've seen more pull-tree scenarios go bad than you can shake a stick at. All I can say is, "Just setting a line in a tree does not guarantee its lay."

Jerry, that truck was spinning it's tires in the grass before it went sideways. I'd guess dutch cuts and skinny/no hinge

By some, do you mean almost everyone shouldn't be falling trees?

This is where the imp in me would love to say, only loggers should. No-one else are qualified:lol:

Jim, out in the middle of the prairie where you live, where you can see to the horizon and never spot a house, I guess you can get dispensation from the rule.

Dispensation...Where do you get these words when English is your 3rd language, Stig?

Simple:

Dispensation----Dispensation

Danish-- -------English

The pronounciation is different, that's all.

Dang, that killed the magic, didn't it.

It is my 2nd, BTW
I learned English before German.
Then Latin and Russian, both of which I have mostly forgotten.

No more than any other language, I'd say.

They do have the oddity of putting the verb at the nd of a sentense structure, that takes some getting used to.

Once you've lived in a German speaking country and spoken it on a daily basis for a while, no problem.

I have spent too much time in Schweiz to speak a pure German.
The Germans always think I'm from Austria.

Like: 'they do have the oddity of the verb at the end of a sentence structure putting, that takes some used to getting'?

Back