Tree felling vids

What kind of saw were you topping with? I was wondering if it sounded like an Echo

Using my old 338 in what I think was a fresh mix and a touch lean. I did get a laugh at him with his warm hand flailing, plan to keep him as long as I can but the inevitable is he goes back to fireline duties where his heart is.

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

I got away without wearing a hard hat for twenty years with no more than a few scratches...
last 18 months would have been to the hospital twice if I went without.. Actually might have only been once, cause I might not have been able to work again after the first...

Like a seat belt.. you only need them when you do

I have not seen this one before:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aDOgPIKOOJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why do people pull with the rear of their truck when they have an empty bed? Better yet, cut all the front weight off the tree, the pull with an empty bed.

It doesn't much matter what you pull with, when you cut through your hinge wood.

I can see very little of the story in that video but there was no reason it had to end like that. I could have used some side guy lines, a wedge, and some MA to wheel that tree over. I think. Maybe less of what I mentioned. I blame lack of correct pretension on the line and a missing or butchered hinge. A tree that size with the right pre tension should have come right up and over. Again, all speculation on my end. I wasn't there to help smash the house.

No no, it was as it seemed. The rope crossed over the smaller clump of trees in the foreground on the way down. It was a straight pull by the looks of it, you can see the tree pop off it's hinge and the tires on the truck were spinning in the grass. I don't think the yelling helped. :lol:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-_yB12Bm_KU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back