Tree felling vids

So how ling are we giving dave, Burnham, before one of us have to explain it and put " the great unwashed masses" ( Wonderful phrase BTW. where is it from?) out of their misery?

Nice guy Dave doesn't have to 'splain anything, after that flop between the houses, he's like the guru, Meher Baba, that said he was going to stop talking, and still had a large following years later until the end of his days.

hahaha...you know-it-alls are all grinning like cheshire cats while we, the great unwashed masses, twiddle our thumbs, roll our eyes, scrape the dirt in the road with our toes and just wait.

Thanks Burnham.
So that guy was the originator of " It was a dark and stormy night" as well.
I thought Snoopy came up with that one:lol:

Since my version of the quarter cut is most likely different from Dave's, I'll wait for him to explain, so as not to confuse "the great unwashed masses" further.

Even though the suspense is killing Gary:lol:

Last edited:
I asked a REAL expert... :P

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QPeDw-zgIEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...a real angry one!!

:lol: It seems the classic palm slayer with the claw hammer had some rather amusing editing done to the original presentation .:lol:

:lol: @ hammer.

attachment.php
Even I don't use a claw hammer ... on a tree. :D

And ... isn't that a splitting wedge? :?

Nothing like not having a saw lanyard on your saw. Id fashion one up with with 14" half inch line and a lobster claw before id tie it to the handle bar like that. The hardhat was the best thing he had going for him.

C'mon Chris, this was EXTEME tree cutting...not your ordinary, everyday tree service. And they had some shiny cones, and hard hats....and a climber's saw to die for.

Anybody look them up on youtube? Their signature line is, "Hire Us to cut a tree and we'll plant a new one for free!"

I wonder if they repair divots in asphalt?

Actually, my first year in business I advertised to plant a tree for free after removals. Not one person took me up on it. No one even asked about it. In hindsight it was a terrible idea, but at the time I had a deep desire to start a business and get work. Plus my overhead was ZERO at the time and I could have honored that deal all day long and still made plenty of money. At the time I needed to take home $400 bucks a week to live. That covered bills and groceries.

At the time I felt that was expensive. It's all relative I guess. I remember being angry at our electric bill one February. It was for our 2 story apartment. It was $175 dollars that month and that included washer, dryer, hot water, and forced hot air heat left at 70 degrees for the month. Ha! I really was mad!

A grand to 1200 a month. That seems about right to me to be able to live on, if it were possible. I think the world would be a saner place, help keep the suicide rates down. It's all messed up with prices so you have to slave and hire Chinamen.

Back