Tree felling vids

Jeez, arborists are easy to impress.
Smh.

How many times in your career have you pulled off that cut? If you say you've done it one or more times then good on you. Do you feel you are a better sawyer than any other typical logger cutter of 40+ years experience?

Never done it that way.
Mills frown on logs that are not cut 90 degrees, here.
Deep obtuse snipe combined with a step dutchman gives the same result but keeps the sawyer away from the tree.

Define "typical logger" please.
Are se talking Willard, who'd never cut a tree thicker tham my leg or Jerry B. ?

Last edited:
Hell, Cory, I'll answer your question.

I don't know what they have going on at the mainland, but here on Sjælland, the main island of the country, where the capital is situated, I'm the best there is.

Ask at the forestry school, ask around in the woods, ask the forwarder drivers etc.

I'm the last of the generation that started cutting pulp and then moved into big trees.
The last of the generation that have a million trees cut.

Add to that having logged in several countries and learned from the locals, which no-one else here seem to have done.

And of course hanging out with Jerry and the rest of you guys, learning from y'all.

A couple of years ago I was talking to our forwarder guy ( biggest outfit in the country, 15 or so machines) over lunch in the woods.
He asked when I was retiring ( I hit retirement age this year), so I told him: " Torben, when you come up with a young one, who can keep up with me in the big hardwoods, I'll retire!"

Long pause, then " Now, that is going to be difficult".

So, the answer is YES, I do.

Of course, according to the best of them all, Murphy, I ain't worth shit, because I don't have a youtube channel.

Personally I group those " look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" types, with the guys with fancy haircuts, tattooes and vanity plates and Harley riders with no mufflers.

Tiny dick folks who have to show off in order to exist.
Look at me, everybody.
Vanity, one of the seven deadly sins.

Last edited:
I kinda miss Willard’s banter.
I’m FB ‘friends’ with him.
He is pretty much retired now.
He was prone to odd diatribes against certain people and occasional outrageous boasting (much like Stig) but he was ok, good value on here, I quite liked him.
You sort of forgave the bad bits for the good bits (much like Stig!)

been a fb vid doing the rounds of a groundie getting dragged towards a large chunk, and it catching his leg.

another one, but less damage to groundie.

I enjoy this channel, good content and crew.

Back