Tree felling vids

Yeah, a skit. Never get away with that in real life.

Back in the day I helped extract a few tree sitters from their perches. Some over 200 feet up.

Over a period of two years we removed over 50 sitters. Plus their platforms and garbage.

I knew some of them by name, as we took a few out of the trees at least several times.

It was kind of funny sometimes. Reminding of the cartoon of the sheep dog and coyote changing work shifts.

In all the extractions no one was ever physically hurt. Not withstanding one's pride.

Some of those protesters were cool and even tempered. Though most were outwardly assholes.

I'd really like some of those stories guys...

My mother in law was a Sierra Club protester, until she caught them "Spiking" trees. Which she never explained but I always assumed that they drove big spikes into the trees to screw up chains and such. Apparently she left the organization and reported her former friends. The thought of someone getting hurt, by something she or they did, just didn't sit well with Pam, and she did the right thing. Again, I don't know what "Spiking" a tree means, or how it could pose a danger to a sawyer, but I'd love to be enlightened. This took place in NorCal, so @Burnham and @gf beranek should know something, I'd hope.

Back